CSNbbs
Congratulations, Owls - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (http://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: Congratulations, Owls (/thread-343053.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Go Fly Win Owls! - 01-30-2009 06:33 AM

(01-30-2009 02:33 AM)MercerFan Wrote:  KB and Nick seem to have their head on straight here, but some of the Kennesaw kids need to quit drinking the kool-aid. It's spiked! Some of these quotes are amazing. "4 all conference players sitting out". You know there's only 10 all-conference slots for the entire league, right? And slamming Bartow for not winning? All he's done in the A-Sun is WIN! Ingle has never posted a winning record.

Don't forget that Mercer will be in Kennesaw next week! I don't think that your out of no where post game quotes will be the same!

I know that it is not in the Asun, but Ingle has a NATIONAL championship on his resume. Does Bartow? Or is he living off of his father's success?

We were picked to finish 8th this season. The next 4 are revenge games at home. When they are done, we will be above 8.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Goldfinger - 01-30-2009 12:34 PM

(01-30-2009 06:33 AM)Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:  I know that it is not in the Asun, but Ingle has a NATIONAL championship on his resume. Does Bartow? Or is he living off of his father's success?

Not in the A-Sun?!!? It's not even in Division 1 you boob! He might as well of won the Georgia high school state championship in girls basketball! Division 2 national champions....WHO CARES?

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Nick M - 01-30-2009 12:45 PM

In all fairness Gold, we haven't had that caliber of a team since. It'll come around.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Goldfinger - 01-30-2009 12:47 PM

Probably not...but my point still stands. When you can do it in Division 1 then we will talk...until then you've accomplished nothing.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Nick M - 01-30-2009 01:02 PM

When the hell has ETSU won a national championship?

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Goldfinger - 01-30-2009 01:30 PM

Go to the NCAA tournament and you will get some respect. Division II national championships are not going to be respected in Division 1 basketball....and if they were to be...why leave division II?

I will submit to you that you will not be in the NCAA tournament in your first full five years of unrestricted division 1 play.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - kevster - 01-30-2009 01:40 PM

(01-30-2009 01:30 PM)Goldfinger Wrote:  Go to the NCAA tournament and you will get some respect. Division II national championships are not going to be respected in Division 1 basketball....and if they were to be...why leave division II?

I will submit to you that you will not be in the NCAA tournament in your first full five years of unrestricted division 1 play.

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

....... However, I would suggest they won't get there in their first 20 years of Division I play.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Goldfinger - 01-30-2009 01:43 PM

Well I didn't want to be absurd....but I standby my five year accusation. You aren't just going to show up and attain glory. It doesn't work that way.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Nick M - 01-30-2009 01:59 PM

Apparently, ETSU and this whole league proves you can exist in D-I and not be competitive at the highest level.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - kevster - 01-30-2009 02:06 PM

Touché