CSNbbs
UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school (/thread-323771.html)

Pages: 1 2

UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - KnightLight - 10-28-2008 12:18 AM

Any extra game exposure in FLA only helps their recruiting down South.

http://uoflcardgame.com/uofl-football-adds-florida-international-series

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - panite - 10-28-2008 04:53 AM

Would have thought they would book UCF because of the stadium capacity but then maybe UFC will be in the BE or Spilt BE in 2010 and Jurich already knows it. Besides these game will put the L'Ville team in Miami's back yard for prime recruits without playing them. Maybe Miami and UCF are booked when L'ville needs the games too.

04-cheers

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - Shannon Panther - 10-28-2008 06:41 AM

panite Wrote:Would have thought they would book UCF because of the stadium capacity but then maybe UFC will be in the BE or Spilt BE in 2010 and Jurich already knows it. Besides these game will put the L'Ville team in Miami's back yard for prime recruits without playing them. Maybe Miami and UCF are booked when L'ville needs the games too.

04-cheers

UCF doesn't honor their agreements. Why bother to sign anything with them. They signed a 2-1 with Pitt, Pitt played there and they bought out the 2 return games. If you do business with UCF, makes sure you get the home game first. I forget who else they did that to, I think WVU was owed a game and at the last minute they bailed on them.

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - Brick City Pirate - 10-28-2008 09:15 AM

If UCF is joining the Big East in the near future, why would Louisville schedule a third Florida school for recruiting purposes? I think UCF would make a fine addition to the Big East by the way.

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - bitcruncher - 10-28-2008 09:20 AM

FIU is basically 4 automatic wins for the Cards. It's not a bad series to sign.

Why would they schedule a series UCF? It doesn't hold any advantages for UofL. It would help out UCF, but that's not UofL's motivation...

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - TexanMark - 10-28-2008 09:59 AM

Not sure why UL could extract a 2 for 1? FIU doesn't have a fan base.

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - bitcruncher - 10-28-2008 10:45 AM

I would imagine $$$ was the sticking point... 07-coffee3

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - Ring of Black - 10-28-2008 11:08 AM

We’ve been over this, Tex... with 5 OOC slots, BE schools don’t exactly have leverage. But, I agree that it’s a good move nevertheless, if Krag wants to mine the sunshine state for talent. Also, a hella vacation for the fans. I wonder if they’ll try to arrange the FL games in Oct/Nov time frame?

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - ultraviolet - 10-28-2008 01:48 PM

TexanMark Wrote:Not sure why UL could extract a 2 for 1? FIU doesn't have a fan base.

I expect that's the way Louisville wanted it and I bet their games there coincide with the every other year that USF plays in Louisville. That way they get their name in at least one major Florida newspaper yearly.

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - TyBull - 10-28-2008 02:02 PM

bitcruncher Wrote:FIU is basically 4 automatic wins for the Cards. It's not a bad series to sign.

Why would they schedule a series UCF? It doesn't hold any advantages for UofL. It would help out UCF, but that's not UofL's motivation...

Exactly! That is why USF has no desire to to ever play those thugs anymore......We own them... USF 4, ucIf 0

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - firmbizzle - 10-28-2008 02:20 PM

[youtube]
Shannon Panther Wrote:
panite Wrote:Would have thought they would book UCF because of the stadium capacity but then maybe UFC will be in the BE or Spilt BE in 2010 and Jurich already knows it. Besides these game will put the L'Ville team in Miami's back yard for prime recruits without playing them. Maybe Miami and UCF are booked when L'ville needs the games too.

04-cheers

UCF doesn't honor their agreements. Why bother to sign anything with them. They signed a 2-1 with Pitt, Pitt played there and they bought out the 2 return games. If you do business with UCF, makes sure you get the home game first. I forget who else they did that to, I think WVU was owed a game and at the last minute they bailed on them.

UCF will get you guys back when they join the conference. 05-stirthepot[/youtube]

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - Yosemite Panther - 10-28-2008 02:38 PM

Shannon Panther Wrote:UCF doesn't honor their agreements. Why bother to sign anything with them. They signed a 2-1 with Pitt, Pitt played there and they bought out the 2 return games. If you do business with UCF, makes sure you get the home game first. I forget who else they did that to, I think WVU was owed a game and at the last minute they bailed on them.

Shannon, UCF only bought out one game at Pitt from the original 2-for-1, they still seem to be honoring 1 return game scheduled against Pitt at Heinz in 2012, but that is a long way off, so who knows

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - army56mike - 10-28-2008 03:41 PM

I personally hate this deal. That is pretty much the last team in the state of Florida I want to see my Cards tied to playing. Dang, if we're down at that end of the state we might as well play FAU. At least our fans have an interest in that game. All the other Florida teams would have been preferable to FIU. Darn!

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - KNIGHTTIME - 10-28-2008 03:42 PM

Yosemite Panther Wrote:Shannon, UCF only bought out one game at Pitt from the original 2-for-1, they still seem to be honoring 1 return game scheduled against Pitt at Heinz in 2012, but that is a long way off, so who knows

To my knowledge the series was just pushed back to 2012/2013. It is a little early for the "UCF doesn't honor their contracts" talk.

As far as WVU goes...

Put yourself in UCF shoes. WVU didn't vote for UCF in the Big East and WVU was the lowest buyout. We had to drop a game after joining the C-USA, so it is common sense who to drop. $50,000 these days to cancel a game is like pocket change. When you don't have the BCS welfare check you have to use any leverage that you have.

and FYI - We tried to make good with WVU with another series (Even though we already paid a buyout), but I guess it feel through.

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - KNIGHTTIME - 10-28-2008 03:43 PM

army56mike Wrote:I personally hate this deal. That is pretty much the last team in the state of Florida I want to see my Cards tied to playing. Dang, if we're down at that end of the state we might as well play FAU. At least our fans have an interest in that game. All the other Florida teams would have been preferable to FIU. Darn!

Are you sure? We have FAMU and BCC.

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - Cubanbull - 10-28-2008 04:22 PM

Actually I gotta say that FIU's future looks better than FAU. They have an oncampus stadium and their fan support while not great looked better to me than what i saw vs FAU.
FAU will be in trouble when Howie leaves while FIU has a young coach that will help them improve.
Also because of their stadium their AD has said they will only sign 1-1 deals and in addition to Louisville they have gotten similar deals from other teams like UCF, Duke and Texas AM

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - Shannon Panther - 10-28-2008 07:24 PM

KNIGHTTIME Wrote:
Yosemite Panther Wrote:Shannon, UCF only bought out one game at Pitt from the original 2-for-1, they still seem to be honoring 1 return game scheduled against Pitt at Heinz in 2012, but that is a long way off, so who knows

To my knowledge the series was just pushed back to 2012/2013. It is a little early for the "UCF doesn't honor their contracts" talk.

As far as WVU goes...

Put yourself in UCF shoes. WVU didn't vote for UCF in the Big East and WVU was the lowest buyout. We had to drop a game after joining the C-USA, so it is common sense who to drop. $50,000 these days to cancel a game is like pocket change. When you don't have the BCS welfare check you have to use any leverage that you have.

and FYI - We tried to make good with WVU with another series (Even though we already paid a buyout), but I guess it feel through.

UCF has been removed from all Pitt future schedules. If you can show me somewhere that has changed, I am all eyes.

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - bitcruncher - 10-28-2008 07:25 PM

UCF isn't in any future plans in Morgantown either...

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - CardinalJim - 10-28-2008 07:33 PM

Cardinal fans that see the BIG picture understand why this series was inked. Some one above already said it: a trip to Florida every year. Couple that with the difficulty Louisville is having finding 5 OOC games every year and it makes sense.
As far as signing a deal with UCF, UofL is already playing Memphis and Southern Miss from CUSA the next few years maybe some one at Louisville didn't want to add a third CUSA game. Or perhaps Louisville doesn't want to help build another top shelf football program in a state that it recruits so heavily. I would look for Louisville, Rutgers, WVU and USF to avoid playing the Knights for the same reason.
CJ

RE: UL signs 4 yr non-conf series with FLA school - firmbizzle - 10-28-2008 08:13 PM

KNIGHTTIME Wrote:

As far as WVU goes...

Don't apologize. They will get their home game when UCF joins the Big East.