CSNbbs
BE not looking so hot.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: BE not looking so hot.... (/thread-313616.html)

Pages: 1 2

BE not looking so hot.... - Bearcats#1 - 09-06-2008 10:20 PM

UC gets WACKED....

WVA gets hammered.....

USF needs OT to beat a team they beat last year by 40+ points...

Pitt not looking good at all......

Cuse gets USED to MAC team....

yea....this isn't BE's year.....at least after week 2.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - CatsClaw - 09-06-2008 10:23 PM

Every BCS conference but the SEC and the Big 12 isn't that good this year. And even the Big 12's bottom half hasn't looked that

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - BullsFanatic - 09-06-2008 10:24 PM

Hard to call them CDOA anymore, that's for sure:
CUSA East #1 beat our #1
CUSA East #2 took our #2 to overtime

This conference will be a bloodbath again this year.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - uconnbaseball - 09-06-2008 10:31 PM

Rice is really good this year, too. They're about to beat Memphis and hung SMU from a tree week one.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - goodknightfl - 09-07-2008 08:18 AM

I think we are still cdoa.. we have ECU and then the rest of us.. but at least we should have a ranked team next week.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - CatsClaw - 09-07-2008 08:19 AM

The Big East will be fine. Several the schools have either young talent or a strong recruiting class coming in. I'm more concerned with the size of the conference. Eight teams in a conference just doesn't set you up for long term success.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - Crimsonelf - 09-07-2008 08:34 AM

The margin for error in this 8 team conference makes me nervous, we need more teams. If only the leaders could be proactive. Why split? We have a bball league as it is, why not expand on that? We could add 2=4 teams on fball, the bball side could add their teams, then we go...

In bball, unlike the idiotic monopoly of the south in fball, WE can define the terms in hoops.

But in Fball, the SEC and others are driving the bus...

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - wvucrazed - 09-07-2008 09:09 AM

Looks like a very down year for the BE unless we turn things around in a hurry.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - SF Husky - 09-07-2008 09:20 AM

Don't worry guys, we got some games with the ACC coming up. Hopefully, result of those games will bring some smiles back to everyone.

The WVU loss to ECU was a killer this week.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - USFMike - 09-07-2008 09:28 AM

i'm not as worried about usf, i expected a tough game and we dominated the game aside from the last 3 minutes and our special teams blunders. ucf had a good game plan that kept the score close, and they never quit when we were going through the motions trying to run out the clock. most people thought the game was in the bag with 4 minutes to play and we're up by 2 touchdowns. i also thought that grothe showed a lot of toughness driving the team down for a 35 yard field goal attempt with a minute in change left and for his clutch 25 yard pass in overtime.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - Ring of Black - 09-07-2008 01:14 PM

Bearcats#1 Wrote:BE not looking so hot....
That's an understatement. The level of play is looking BAAAAAD right now - almost "2005 bad", but not quite "2004 bad".

Things don't get easier with UC, with Grutza out for 4-5 weeks.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - SF Husky - 09-07-2008 01:17 PM

Jose_Jalapeno_on_a_Stick Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:BE not looking so hot....
That's an understatement. The level of play is looking BAAAAAD right now - almost "2005 bad", but not quite "2004 bad".

Things don't get easier with UC, with Grutza out for 4-5 weeks.

Get in the court and get Mauck back. The kid is a better QB anyway.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - wvucrazed - 09-07-2008 01:53 PM

Thank God for the last 2 years!!!

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - bitcruncher - 09-07-2008 03:00 PM

What people fail to realize now is that these teams from outside the BCS bubble are just waiting for any chance to pop it. Every non-BCS school is playing for more than just a game against BCS schools, and they are all out to prove that they can play with the big boys.

If you give 'em a chance to beat you, and you aren't ready, or come in half-steppin', you'll get your butt handed to ya. It's that simple...

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - BullsFanInTX - 09-07-2008 03:43 PM

Don't worry, USF will take care of business against KU this Friday, and give the BE a little cred. That game could also shoot USF near the top ten if we win.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - SF Husky - 09-07-2008 06:52 PM

BullsFanInTX Wrote:Don't worry, USF will take care of business against KU this Friday, and give the BE a little cred. That game could also shoot USF near the top ten if we win.

I hope you guys can do it. If you don't, it will be ugly. We also got RU vs. UNC and UCONN vs. Virginia this weekend. We need to win all 3.

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - panite - 09-07-2008 08:21 PM

Slow start this season. Don't Worry - Be Happy. 02-13-banana The BE had 2 great years now the FB schools will have a little up hill battle after their start this year. :ncaabbs: They don't award the trophies until the end. 04-rock

04-cheers

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - Stookey57 - 09-07-2008 09:55 PM

BullsFanInTX Wrote:Don't worry, USF will take care of business against KU this Friday, and give the BE a little cred. That game could also shoot USF near the top ten if we win.

The bulls could be the beast of the east this year, if UConn can fix their tyler problem, i say dump him for frazier but they won't he runs good, he looked bad against temple and he blamed A hea vy ball for it.05-stirthepot05-stirthepot
Is your ND transfer your new qb.....

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - bitcruncher - 09-08-2008 06:33 AM

It's a pity the Bulls aren't playing the Mountaineers now. By the time they come to Morgantown, hopefully the defensive problems will be ironed out...

RE: BE not looking so hot.... - Ring of Black - 09-08-2008 12:15 PM

Big week for partial retribution: four "BCS" opponents, BE better win three.