CSNbbs
Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (http://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo Archives (/forum-941.html)
+----- Thread: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread (/thread-308700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Toledo Football 1st - 09-05-2008 09:51 PM

TJ turns the beat around! 04-chairshot

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - uofaownsaswho - 09-05-2008 09:57 PM

TJRocket Wrote:
uofaownsaswho Wrote:
TJRocket Wrote:
uofaownsaswho Wrote:we're kind of like ohio state when it comes to this, we are THE university of arizona, UA. :)

All the more reason for the Rockets to pound the hell out of the wildcats.

don't worry you wont :D and they say the arizona fans were overconfident...

but seriously i think it will be a pretty good game. the deciding factors will be that
1.you guys are 2000 miles from home in your longest away game in years
2.its your first game of the season and we've already had a tune up
3.at game time it will be about 100+ degrees on the field (even at 7 pm) and about 94 in the stands

Yeah. I guess who ever said AZ fans WERE overconfident can now start saying that AZ fans ARE overconfident.

But seriously, are you saying that if these same two teams met up here in the Glass bowl in late November that Toledo would be the favorites going into the game???

1. you guys are 2000 miles away from home in your longest away game in years
2. it would be the end of the season and your team would have already been beat to hell by the better teams in the PAC
3. at game time it will be 30 degrees on the field 30 degrees in the stands

no i'm saying that overall we are the better team (about 99% of people would agree) but i still think you have a good team and it will be a tough game and that we'll get a very good effort from you guys.

and i think in november if we played there we'd be favored too, we always play our best football of the year in november, and its not like we've never been in the cold before, we take road trips to washington and oregon and oregon state where its frequently in the 30's and we take road trips to washington state where it is frequently around 0 degrees and snowing...

like it or not you are playing a team that is actually relatively good and that you should give a little thought and respect to, i'm giving it to you.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Toledo Football 1st - 09-05-2008 10:04 PM

TJ is right.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - uofaownsaswho - 09-05-2008 10:07 PM

RocketRobert Wrote:TJ is right.

...about what?

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Toledo Football 1st - 09-05-2008 10:09 PM

uofaownsaswho Wrote:
RocketRobert Wrote:TJ is right.

...about what?
About what you tried to refute.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - uofaownsaswho - 09-05-2008 10:20 PM

do you really think you are a better team? i dont mean that in a disrespectful way at all but i am just wondering.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - pono - 09-05-2008 10:42 PM

we have no way of knowing how good you really are. few people outside pac10 country see much of arizona and they never play mac teams. all we know is that you guys have more players who were highly recruited, are playing at home and had a great first game.

toledo has several guys who if they stay healthy will be NFL players, plus some real solid veterans, a good and experienced QB and improvements everywhere on the team except oline and punter. that's enough to have hope and be excited.

go rockets!

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Toledo Football 1st - 09-05-2008 11:04 PM

No one said that. But, home field advantage is huge. And TJ's point about the environmental consideration is valid. Minnesota thought they were going to come in to Toledo and make a mockery of us and they became the mocked. Pitt strutted into town ranked #9 and went home the fool. Kansas beat the crap out of us one year, then came to Toledo and suffered the same fate as Minnesota and Pitt.

Do we think we're a better team? Frankly, we haven't done that well on the road against Big Conference teams since we humiliated Joe Pa in 2000. But, Big Conference teams haven't done that well in the Glass Bowl either.

Bottom line: Regardless of who seems to be the better team you still have to play the game.

There is one area where we're definitely ahead you right now though, because in Toledo
IT'S GAME DAY BABY!!

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - RocketJeff - 09-05-2008 11:07 PM

uofaownsaswho Wrote:do you really think you are a better team? i dont mean that in a disrespectful way at all but i am just wondering.

I definitely think we're a better team. I also think our special teams play will be a bigger factor than the weather conditions. We've had a few great players on special teams, but we've been fundamentally flawed and I don't see us doing anything drastically different so I fear we'll get killed there. By the way I said we were a better team, not the better team. (I just thought I'd join in on everyone's fun.)

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - MotoRocket - 09-06-2008 05:17 AM

I guess I'm jaded over the past couple of years. I think we lose by more than 21. I'm not convinced we have the necessary coaching and discipline to win consistently. Losing Spence really spelled the downward cycle for Amstutz and staff. Look around at some of the other programs in the MAC and how thay have completely passed us by. Most of that is coaching and recruiting the right players that stay in the programs. We have a lot to sell recruits on - just not convinced we know what to do with them once they are in the program. We do well with the quality players that stick around. I hope this year proves me wrong. Maybe it was the injuries that hurt us last year. After watching the season ending game against BG - I don't think that is it at all.