CSNbbs
What have you cooked lately? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: What have you cooked lately? (/thread-308366.html)

Pages: 1 2

What have you cooked lately? - kpigout - 08-05-2008 09:34 PM

I love fresh vegetables in the summer, especially squash and corn. Here, I sauteed fresh corn cut off the cob in butter and garlic w/ salt and pepper. Added carrots, squash and zucchini and re-seasoned. added onion and tomato. I then added some rice (parboiled) that I had already cooked, and about 2 cups of chicken stock. Let it simmer a minute or two till it absorbed most of the stock. Good stuff. 04-cheers

[Image: 100_1881_resize.jpg]

[Image: 100_1880_resize.jpg]

[Image: 100_1882_resize.jpg]

RE: What have you cooked lately? - missjtiger - 08-05-2008 09:53 PM

kpigout Wrote:I love fresh vegetables in the summer, especially squash and corn. Here, I sauteed fresh corn cut off the cob in butter and garlic w/ salt and pepper. Added carrots, squash and zucchini and re-seasoned. added onion and tomato. I then added some rice (parboiled) that I had already cooked, and about 2 cups of chicken stock. Let it simmer a minute or two till it absorbed most of the stock. Good stuff. 04-cheers

[Image: 100_1881_resize.jpg]

[Image: 100_1880_resize.jpg]

[Image: 100_1882_resize.jpg]

man oh man does that look good !!

I went to Wild Oats this afternoon and stocked up on alot of vegan/all natural foods. I tried their veggie Quesadillas and they were really good. I tried my best to not go to the cookie isle but my willpower wilted at the sight of the peanut butter cookies.....oh my they are good! I love their mixed veggie chips and their Chinese rice chips. It's just too hot for me to use the grill. When it cools off some I'll be grillin' again.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - mphsfan - 08-05-2008 10:06 PM

I'll have mine with some chorizo.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - kpigout - 08-05-2008 10:19 PM

OK....Here's another dish I came up with a few nights ago. I just called it Mexican Skillet Casserole. I browned a pound of ground turkey, then added 1/2 package of taco seasoning. When meat was cooked through, I added zucchini and squash. After a few minutes, I added onion and tomato. In a separate pot, I cooked a pound of whole whet spaghetti that I had broken into small pieces. I added the drained pasta to the meat mixture, along with the other 1/2 of the taco seasoning.I also added some chicken stock and cooked it down for a few minutes.

[Image: 100_1883_resize.jpg]

[Image: 100_1884_resize.jpg]

[Image: 100_1885_resize.jpg]

RE: What have you cooked lately? - MemTigerFan - 08-05-2008 10:41 PM

kpigout Wrote:OK....Here's another dish I came up with a few nights ago. I just called it Mexican Skillet Casserole. I browned a pound of ground turkey, then added 1/2 package of taco seasoning. When meat was cooked through, I added zucchini and squash. After a few minutes, I added onion and tomato. In a separate pot, I cooked a pound of whole whet spaghetti that I had broken into small pieces. I added the drained pasta to the meat mixture, along with the other 1/2 of the taco seasoning.I also added some chicken stock and cooked it down for a few minutes.

both dishes look very nice. the mexican is almost identical to my base spaghetti minus the taco seasoning and before the homemade sauce.

I don't buy ground beef anymore, strictly turkey. Taste so much better to me and a lot less greasy (I get the 93% lean instead of the 85%)

tonight was a quick dinner since I spent a few hours after work working outside. I was hungry and tired. I cooked a little cubed chicken lightly dusted with flour with a little onion garlic and s&p. then grabbed a batch of mixed veggies and threwq them in the pan sans chicken to cook up, a little more seasoning and added some cream of chicken. cooked it for a while then threw the chicken back in the mix the flavors together and dumped on a bed of white rice.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - kpigout - 08-05-2008 10:53 PM

MemTigerFan Wrote:tonight was a quick dinner since I spent a few hours after work working outside. I was hungry and tired. I cooked a little cubed chicken lightly dusted with flour with a little onion garlic and s&p. then grabbed a batch of mixed veggies and threwq them in the pan sans chicken to cook up, a little more seasoning and added some cream of chicken. cooked it for a while then threw the chicken back in the mix the flavors together and dumped on a bed of white rice.

That sounds good. I use the fat free cream soups quite a bit now.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - supertiger - 08-05-2008 11:12 PM

MemTigerFan Wrote:
kpigout Wrote:OK....Here's another dish I came up with a few nights ago. I just called it Mexican Skillet Casserole. I browned a pound of ground turkey, then added 1/2 package of taco seasoning. When meat was cooked through, I added zucchini and squash. After a few minutes, I added onion and tomato. In a separate pot, I cooked a pound of whole whet spaghetti that I had broken into small pieces. I added the drained pasta to the meat mixture, along with the other 1/2 of the taco seasoning.I also added some chicken stock and cooked it down for a few minutes.

both dishes look very nice. the mexican is almost identical to my base spaghetti minus the taco seasoning and before the homemade sauce.

I don't buy ground beef anymore, strictly turkey. Taste so much better to me and a lot less greasy (I get the 93% lean instead of the 85%)

tonight was a quick dinner since I spent a few hours after work working outside. I was hungry and tired. I cooked a little cubed chicken lightly dusted with flour with a little onion garlic and s&p. then grabbed a batch of mixed veggies and threwq them in the pan sans chicken to cook up, a little more seasoning and added some cream of chicken. cooked it for a while then threw the chicken back in the mix the flavors together and dumped on a bed of white rice.

If you like to change it up a bit. Buffalo from Kroger is pretty lean and tasty. It is unique.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - georgiatiger - 08-06-2008 03:05 AM

kpigout Wrote:
MemTigerFan Wrote:tonight was a quick dinner since I spent a few hours after work working outside. I was hungry and tired. I cooked a little cubed chicken lightly dusted with flour with a little onion garlic and s&p. then grabbed a batch of mixed veggies and threwq them in the pan sans chicken to cook up, a little more seasoning and added some cream of chicken. cooked it for a while then threw the chicken back in the mix the flavors together and dumped on a bed of white rice.

After your last few posts, it's apparent you've gone soft on us (shut up, oldmangrizz). Knock it off.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - missjtiger - 08-06-2008 05:35 AM

I think I might try that this weekend minus the turkey. Dang, that looks delicious ! Kirk, how did you cook the veggies ? sauteed ? steamed? I wonder if some asparagus would be good in it too ? I hate to cook and it makes me mad because I love to eat. 03-banghead

RE: What have you cooked lately? - kpigout - 08-06-2008 09:30 AM

missjtiger Wrote:I think I might try that this weekend minus the turkey. Dang, that looks delicious ! Kirk, how did you cook the veggies ? sauteed ? steamed? I wonder if some asparagus would be good in it too ? I hate to cook and it makes me mad because I love to eat. 03-banghead

Sauteed in a little Country Crock Light. Whenever I say "butter" , this is what I really mean...lol.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - kpigout - 08-06-2008 09:32 AM

georgiatiger Wrote:
kpigout Wrote:

After your last few posts, it's apparent you've gone soft on us (shut up, oldmangrizz). Knock it off.

Shut up dude. I'm eating healthy and trying to lose weight. It's working. I'm down to 229 from 256.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - tigergirljenn - 08-06-2008 09:38 AM

kpigout keep up the good work! I have lost 10lbs. Only 5 more and Im back to pre-baby weight!

RE: What have you cooked lately? - MemTigerFan - 08-06-2008 10:06 AM

supertiger Wrote:
MemTigerFan Wrote:both dishes look very nice. the mexican is almost identical to my base spaghetti minus the taco seasoning and before the homemade sauce.

If you like to change it up a bit. Buffalo from Kroger is pretty lean and tasty. It is unique.

I've seen it but haven't tried it yet. I've heard it is good, I need to get by there and pick some up.

I'm not so much on a diet these days as I am just trying to eat healthier and changing my habits. Of course sometimes I gotta have the good stuff.

Having a cookout this weekend mainly to celebrate my new patio expansion. Nothing fancy, just concrete slabbed but made it a huge area to fit everyone/thing. Firing up the smoker for some ribs and burgers/dogs for the kids coming over.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - mphsfan - 08-06-2008 10:22 AM

kpigout Wrote:Shut up dude. I'm eating healthy and trying to lose weight. It's working. I'm down to 229 from 256.

Pierre should move in with you.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - georgiatiger - 08-06-2008 10:55 AM

tigergirljenn Wrote:kpigout keep up the good work! I have lost 10lbs. Only 5 more and Im back to pre-baby weight!

I guess I can now remove that verbal warning from your file.

RE: What have you cooked lately? - TigerBlue4Ever - 08-06-2008 11:02 AM

My last self-cooked meal was Chicken Cordon Bleu, YUMMMMMY. I even had to pat myself on the back for that one. My wife patted me on the front!

I only cook for the almost guaranteed sex that follows. Again, whatever it takes...

RE: What have you cooked lately? - tigergreen - 08-06-2008 11:04 AM

i posted this on the "big green egg" thread on the main page, but here lately we've been obsessed with pizzas on the grill...

i used a recipe for bosco's pizza dough from the paper i cut out years ago...it only takes 30 minutes to rise, and no second rise required.

or fixin's, i had homemade pizza sauce, homemade pesto, mozzarella, browned 1/3 less fat sausage, turkey pepperoni, baby spinach leaves, goat cheese, pine nuts, fresh tomatoes, ham, pineapple, jalapenos, etc.

it was literally one of the best pizzas i've ever made at home. when it gets too cold to do it on the grill, it works nicely on the pizza stone in the oven, too!

RE: What have you cooked lately? - mphsfan - 08-06-2008 11:22 AM

tigergreen, I'll buy one! Is delivery included?

I may be the only one who doesn't get it, but you said you cook it on the grill?

RE: What have you cooked lately? - georgiatiger - 08-06-2008 11:26 AM

tigergreen Wrote:it only takes 30 minutes to rise

oldmangrizz in 3...2...1...

RE: What have you cooked lately? - tigergreen - 08-06-2008 11:40 AM

georgiatiger Wrote:
tigergreen Wrote:it only takes 30 minutes to rise

oldmangrizz in 3...2...1...

03-lmfao