CSNbbs
Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday (/thread-301441.html)

Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - Big Ed - 06-09-2008 09:30 AM

Sunday I was golfing by myself - all my golfing buddies were out of town or at home doing what ever one does on Sunday afternoons.

So I'm golfing at Audubon, one of a few places that let you walk 18 on the weekend, and a slow day for the course as well. Not many people out in the heat. My doctor says I need to exercise so golfing and walking works for me.

I was hitting the ball quite well and on the par 5 # 7 My drive was 300 + yards and then the shot of the day. the ball hit in front of the green and rolled with in 10 inches from the cup. Yes I did make the eagle putt and ended the day with a 81. Not bad for an old guy.

So now the sad part - no one was around to see or share this golf shot. I don't expect my group of cronies will believe me or even this bunch. But what the heck, I know it and that's what golf is about anyway.

RE: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - EastMemphisTiger - 06-10-2008 01:43 AM

Big Ed Wrote:Sunday I was golfing by myself - all my golfing buddies were out of town or at home doing what ever one does on Sunday afternoons.

So I'm golfing at Audubon, one of a few places that let you walk 18 on the weekend, and a slow day for the course as well. Not many people out in the heat. My doctor says I need to exercise so golfing and walking works for me.

I was hitting the ball quite well and on the par 5 # 7 My drive was 300 + yards and then the shot of the day. the ball hit in front of the green and rolled with in 10 inches from the cup. Yes I did make the eagle putt and ended the day with a 81. Not bad for an old guy.

So now the sad part - no one was around to see or share this golf shot. I don't expect my group of cronies will believe me or even this bunch. But what the heck, I know it and that's what golf is about anyway.
Congratulations, I believe you b/c that is one of the easiest par 5's in the city but great shot anyways.

RE: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - georgiatiger - 06-10-2008 07:15 AM

:johnkerry:

RE: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - mphsfan - 06-10-2008 11:10 AM

So you had that "power fade" working, while your friends were really at Galloway playing without you.

RE: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - Big Ed - 06-10-2008 12:04 PM

What ever kind of fade, it was really sweet. As far as the friend goes you're probably right they are giving me crap about the "so called eagle" too. Easy hole or not you still have to hit it and make it. I have eagled that hole two other times but not one that was almost a double eagle.

any way I need the practice playing in the boma tournament this Friday at Riverbend Golf Course in Tunica and Saturday playing one of my league games at Bear Trace in Hendersonville, Tn. Golf Baby!

RE: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - Chi-Town - 06-10-2008 12:58 PM

My Sunday went like this.....drink a beer, swim.....get some sun....drink another beer, swim some more.....cook out sausage and shrimp, drink another beer.....then went out and played 9 holes of golf (friends w/pool live on 18th fairway of country club). By the time we finished it was dark and playing the last hole, my partner and I had about 275 to go as the crow flies over the corner of a dogleg. I can't even see the ball and I took a 5 wood about 240 yards over the corner and landed about 10 ft to the right of the green. I knew I hit it well, but it took us ten minutes to find it. Night golf is fun with beer.

RE: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - Big Ed - 06-10-2008 01:00 PM

Chi-Town Wrote:My Sunday went like this.....drink a beer, swim.....get some sun....drink another beer, swim some more.....cook out sausage and shrimp, drink another beer.....then went out and played 9 holes of golf (friends w/pool live on 18th fairway of country club). By the time we finished it was dark and playing the last hole, my partner and I had about 275 to go as the crow flies over the corner of a dogleg. I can't even see the ball and I took a 5 wood about 240 yards over the corner and landed about 10 ft to the right of the green. I knew I hit it well, but it took us ten minutes to find it. Night golf is fun with beer.

This is why you are our Sr vp of social activities.

RE: Tiger Fan Related - Golfing Sunday - mphsfan - 06-10-2008 01:35 PM

Tis better to have friends with a pool than to have a pool of your own. (yes, I have a pool - but no friends so I had to)