CSNbbs
Confirmed Signings - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: Confirmed Signings (/thread-299061.html)

Pages: 1 2

Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-19-2008 01:24 PM

Just a thread to keep our confirmed signings... it is the offseason, we got have something to keep our upcoming season in sight.

Official Announcements on recruits:
Spencer Dixon
Matt Heramb (RS)
Artie Marine
Curtis Woods
Markeith Cummings

Confirmed signings, but no official announcement:
Ladaris Green
Brandon Chambers

RE: Confirmed Signings - Bucfaithful - 05-19-2008 01:32 PM

What is the holdup on Cummings & Green? Do they have to enroll in summer school to get through the clearinghouse? I know that we didn't sign Davis until school started in August for that very reason.

RE: Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-19-2008 01:43 PM

I am not sure Bucfaithful. Several of the people on our boards have confirmed that both Green and Cummings are qualified and ready to go, so I don't think the scenario that you have laid out applies in this situation. I am guessing that it has more to do with the timing of our sports information department and/or coaching staff. I think the formal announcement is the only thing we lack, but I could be wrong.

RE: Confirmed Signings - Corn_3024 - 05-19-2008 03:24 PM

Grades concern me. Keeping my fingers crossed that we hear an official announcement soon. These were our first two commitments to this recruiting class so it surprises me that they weren't the first two announced.

RE: Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-19-2008 06:12 PM

I have my fingers crossed as well. We have a great class without them, but man...our class is ridiculous with those two...I hope all of our newcomers are getting a vision of how good we could be very soon.

RE: Confirmed Signings - Bucfaithful - 05-19-2008 07:18 PM

The Ingle recruiting template is pretty clear: Extremely athletic, but raw players who likely need learn to work more on defense and the overall fundamentals of the game. I like this strategy. First, at the mid-major level, you have to make a choice in terms of what kind of player you're going to get. If they're both highly skilled and athletic, they're not coming to ETSU or KSU. Hell, they might not even go to college!! Second, you can teach skills--if, as Ingle pointed out, they're coachable. Bartow overall has the exact same recruitng strategy, although this signing class we do have two players that don't fit that mold.

Interestingly, Coach Byrd has the exact opposite recruiting strategy. Every guy he recruits can shoot, pass, and knows the fundamentals. But, they jump about as high as I do--which isn't very high03-hissyfit

RE: Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-19-2008 08:36 PM

And that is why I always think that Belmont is limited to a certain amount of success. Coach Byrd has a sure thing, and as a coach he has taken the safe route to a very long career, but he will never have the type of team that could make a George Mason type run in the NCAA tournament. They had the perfect matchup last year with Duke in the first round and couldn't pull it off. Even if they would have pulled it off, they would have been taken out in the second round because they couldn't have handled West Virginia's athleticism.

ETSU, Kennesaw, and Jacksonville are building the type of teams that could do something silly. It is also a risky type of team as the fan-base sees all these athletes coming in, and wonders why their team isn't doing better. Since the recruiting has been good most fans assume that the coaching stinks (whereas they look at a team like Belmont and praise him even if he got mediocre results). Going for broke on the recruiting trail is a pre-requisite to winning big, but it also introduces danger into the coaching staff. I know that I am glad that our coach has the guts to put himself out there, and I hope that our fans can appreciate Ingle for that.

RE: Confirmed Signings - KSUowl0003 - 05-20-2008 08:44 AM

Has anyone heard anything new about Cummings and Green? If we can lock those two up we will be well on our way to fighting for an NCAA bid over the next three after next year

RE: Confirmed Signings - Corn_3024 - 05-21-2008 01:40 PM

Today was the last official day to sign I believe..I really thought all of our announcements would be in by today. Shouldn't we know where their grades and such stand by now?

RE: Confirmed Signings - Nick M - 05-21-2008 02:13 PM

Wonder what the holdup is. These are the only 2 we've known about for the longest time. I would really hate for them to not make it.

RE: Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-21-2008 03:58 PM

This no news is killing me!!!! :) I guess that is the fun part about being a fan though..sometimes the anticipation is better than the actual result.

RE: Confirmed Signings - Bucfaithful - 05-21-2008 06:18 PM

My guess is that the holdup is academic related. First, they've given solid verbals (http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=342&Sport=2), so presumably changing their committment is out of the question. Second, a player can sign after the official signing periods, but generally the only reason they do so is because they are testing the waters. The downside for teams who sign players after the signing period is that the player can still go elsewhere. We signed Tiggs after the spring signing period last year.
In the case of Cumming & Green, I am presuming they are not waiting for other offers so they would have no reason not to sign in during the official period. Again, I have no idea, but hopefully for you guys its just a matter of these guys taking summer classes. As I said earlier, we didn't sign Davis until September of last year.
Or, perhaps I'm completely wrong and KSU simply hasn't made the official announcement yet.04-bow

RE: Confirmed Signings - ksubbfan - 05-21-2008 08:59 PM

The word on the street that they are both signed and mave even start school this summer.

RE: Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-21-2008 09:46 PM

They aren't verbals BucFaithful, they signed their LOI in November. So there is no testing of the waters. I think that perhaps since they signed in November our SID isn't releasing a statement about them signing. That is the only thing I can guess, because everything I have heard is that they are ready to go...I guess we will just have to wait and see. Keep up updated ksubbfan if you hear/see anything on campus.

RE: Confirmed Signings - Corn_3024 - 05-21-2008 09:54 PM

KennesawBasketball Wrote:They aren't verbals BucFaithful, they signed their LOI in November. So there is no testing of the waters. I think that perhaps since they signed in November our SID isn't releasing a statement about them signing. That is the only thing I can guess, because everything I have heard is that they are ready to go...I guess we will just have to wait and see. Keep up updated ksubbfan if you hear/see anything on campus.

This is what I'm hoping for as well. Doesn't make sense why they haven't announced for Chambers though.. oh well maybe they are just keeping the announcements spread out so each kid has his day..

RE: Confirmed Signings - kr983 - 05-22-2008 09:40 AM

I talked with a person on the team and everything is all set. Green and Cummings are moving in this weekend.

RE: Confirmed Signings - Nick M - 05-22-2008 09:58 AM

Well done Kr! Kudos.

RE: Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-22-2008 10:12 AM

Good good...and love to see that the kids are coming in early for summer school to get a few classes under their belt. Adjusting that first year is tough on a lot of these kids. Taking 1 or 2 classes the first summer can allow them to take a little lighter load that first year as they ease into college life.

GREAT JOB KR...that is why these boards are so great. I see other boards that spend their time with wild speculations, criticisms, 'I could do better' talk....we have fun talking and discussing the facts, and getting excited for the future. I think it is important to get these first hand accounts or read the actual releases until we get too riled up about a particular topic, whatever that topic might be. Most importantly we share our support for the Fighting Owls!

RE: Confirmed Signings - kr983 - 05-22-2008 10:15 AM

I am really looking forward to seeing this team. I believe it will turn out to be our best team yet.

RE: Confirmed Signings - KennesawBasketball - 05-22-2008 10:22 AM

I sure hope you are right. We will have a lot of new pieces in play next year, but our talent will be much better than in years past. It is just tough to win big with all these freshman. Down the road I think we will be looking GREAT, and hopefully that will start to come into play late next year.