CSNbbs
NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie (/thread-297506.html)

Pages: 1 2

NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - memp600 - 05-04-2008 03:15 PM

This movie is awesome. Thought it was going to be kind of a Kids movie but it was far from that. Robert Downey Jr. does an unbelievable job at playing Iron Man. I think it was better than Transformers. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Go see it. You won't regret it.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - mempho_to_diego - 05-04-2008 03:28 PM

do you work for jon favreau?

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - TigerBill - 05-04-2008 03:35 PM

memp600 Wrote:This movie is awesome. Thought it was going to be kind of a Kids movie but it was far from that. Robert Downey Jr. does an unbelievable job at playing Iron Man. I think it was better than Transformers. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Go see it. You won't regret it.

Is that you, Stan Lee?

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - klg316 - 05-04-2008 03:41 PM

Make sure you sit through the credits for the scene at the end. The comic book geeks in the theatre jizzed all over the screen.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - poolpro - 05-04-2008 04:14 PM

I hope you guys went to Paradiso

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - TallTiger - 05-04-2008 04:49 PM

Iron Man took in an estimated $100 million this opening weekend....one of the best opening weekends ever.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - GreatCaesarsGhost - 05-04-2008 05:18 PM

When I saw the trailer, I was thinking that Robert Downey, Jr. was miscast as a superhero, action-flick hero, but he really did a good job as the low-life, weapons manufacturer that develops a conscious. It's a good movie, but Ben Hur, it is not.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - 99TgrAlum - 05-04-2008 05:22 PM

My hub & brother-in-law are going to the 7:00 showing at the Paradiso. Thanks for the inside info about the credits. :ncaabbs:

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - UM2001GRAD - 05-04-2008 09:01 PM

memp600 Wrote:This movie is awesome. Thought it was going to be kind of a Kids movie but it was far from that. Robert Downey Jr. does an unbelievable job at playing Iron Man. I think it was better than Transformers. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Go see it. You won't regret it.

I don't know if I would call it one of the best movies I've ever seen just because of the type of movie it is. However, it was very good and I agree that Robert Downey Jr. was great. It's worth seeing at the theater.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - slktigers - 05-04-2008 10:36 PM

99TgrAlum Wrote:My hub & brother-in-law are going to the 7:00 showing at the Paradiso. Thanks for the inside info about the credits. :ncaabbs:

I was there in screen 1 at 7:00 tonight.
This was the second time. I saw it Thursday night, first showing. Same seats in the middle, midway up.

A very entertaining work. The Avengers! I can't wait.

Who were the originals?

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Vision
Sub Mariner

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - tigerjeb - 05-04-2008 10:41 PM

slktigers Wrote:
99TgrAlum Wrote:My hub & brother-in-law are going to the 7:00 showing at the Paradiso. Thanks for the inside info about the credits. :ncaabbs:

This was the second time. I saw it Thursday night, first showing. Same seats in the middle, midway up.

Who were the originals?

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Vision
Sub Mariner

three out of six aint bad. the ORIGINAL avengers were Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk. but one of the very first stories was the discovery of Steve Rogers (Cap America) frozen body and Hulks departure.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - Inside Over Linebacker My Side - 05-04-2008 10:47 PM

Robocop jazzed up and can fly. Same evil military industrial complex. Somewhat disappointing but Downey did play a good part.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - DallasTiger - 05-04-2008 11:03 PM

I saw it last night. Actually is was a decent movie and worth seeing.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - poolpro - 05-04-2008 11:09 PM

We were crazy busy at the theatre for this movie. But this is only the beginning. Next week is Speed Racer, then the week after its the Chronicle of Narnia sequels, followed the next week by the much anticipated Indiana Jones 4...fun stuff.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - OneShiningMoment - 05-04-2008 11:17 PM

poolpro Wrote:We were crazy busy at the theatre for this movie. But this is only the beginning. Next week is Speed Racer, then the week after its the Chronicle of Narnia sequels, followed the next week by the much anticipated Indiana Jones 4...fun stuff.

I guess that means you can get all of us MT.org posters into the theatre for free for all these movies, right?

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - OneShiningMoment - 05-04-2008 11:31 PM

tigerjeb Wrote:
slktigers Wrote:

Who were the originals?

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Vision
Sub Mariner

three out of six aint bad. the ORIGINAL avengers were Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk. but one of the very first stories was the discovery of Steve Rogers (Cap America) frozen body and Hulks departure.

[Image: Avengers-1.jpg]

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - mempho_to_diego - 05-04-2008 11:46 PM

looks as though it did enormously well at the box office:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/04/boxoffice.ap/index.html

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - Jake Fury - 05-04-2008 11:57 PM

Inside Over Linebacker My Side Wrote:Robocop jazzed up and can fly. Same evil military industrial complex. Somewhat disappointing but Downey did play a good part.

Not to get too geeky on you here, but the Iron Man character predates the Robocop character by about 30 years.

This movie was well done. Tony Stark is probably one of the most flawed comic book characters ever. Getting RDJr. to play him was a great move, considering his problems with drugs and fame in real life.

I love the fact that "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies was playing in his garage when he was working on his hot rod.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - DM3Tiger - 05-05-2008 12:14 AM

I will be taking my son to this soon. We went to see Leatherheads tonight. It was OK, but nothing great.

RE: NTR - Go see the Iron Man movie - poolpro - 05-05-2008 12:45 AM

OneShiningMoment Wrote:
poolpro Wrote:We were crazy busy at the theatre for this movie. But this is only the beginning. Next week is Speed Racer, then the week after its the Chronicle of Narnia sequels, followed the next week by the much anticipated Indiana Jones 4...fun stuff.

I guess that means you can get all of us MT.org posters into the theatre for free for all these movies, right?

Yeah, that is true. I haven't had to pay for a movie in 10 yrs. What was great was when we had the Superbowl and the NC on our big screen in HD. Talk about awesome!