CSNbbs
Great show by the MOB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+------ Forum: Rice Archives (/forum-640.html)
+------ Thread: Great show by the MOB (/thread-290049.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Great show by the MOB - kaf - 11-24-2007 08:01 PM

The MOB is back! Great show by the MOB....probably their best in 15 years!

RE: Great show by the MOB - wheredidmypantsgo - 11-24-2007 08:05 PM

Yes, I applaud the MOB's performance, not only at halftime, but although their spirited play throughout the game. Well done.

RE: Great show by the MOB - Owl-88 - 11-24-2007 08:06 PM

Great graphics on the Jumbotron too. I haven't seen the opposing fans boo the MOB since the Aggies used to do it back in the SWC days.

RE: Great show by the MOB - At Ease - 11-24-2007 08:08 PM

I thought it was a great show as well.

The reaction to the MOB on their rivals board is priceless. As were the boos. Oklahoma aggy?

RE: Great show by the MOB - Barrett - 11-24-2007 08:11 PM

Yes, the show was priceless!

RE: Great show by the MOB - 13thOwl - 11-24-2007 08:15 PM

Major Props to the MOB!

RE: Great show by the MOB - 13thOwl - 11-24-2007 08:37 PM

Is the MOB a 503C organization and can you easily make donations to the fedora crowd? If so, where, how?

RE: Great show by the MOB - bbaker - 11-24-2007 09:31 PM

It was a funny MOB halftime. The jokes were funny, the songs appropriate. The Tulsa fans seemed to organize a "boooo".
If the Tulsa fans really think they should be insulted, they should get a clue. Laugh a little, in the spirit of Don Rickles.
There was nothing you haven't heard before. It was simply a joke.
After all you really get the last laugh ... for now. You have TG and your team won the conference title. Enjoy it, while you can. You'll be looking for a new coach soon enough.

RE: Great show by the MOB - OwlSD - 11-24-2007 09:32 PM

"I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell."

-- Harry S Truman

RE: Great show by the MOB - At Ease - 11-24-2007 09:32 PM

I like the outrage at TG = douchebag, but the apparent acceptance of Tulsa = hell.

RE: Great show by the MOB - wheredidmypantsgo - 11-24-2007 09:35 PM

At Ease Wrote:I like the outrage at TG = douchebag, but the apparent acceptance of Tulsa = hell.

LOL yeah I can't believe the MOB even had to state the obvious fact that Tulsa = hell.

What a bunch of whiney babies from Tulsa. The only other group that gets their panties in such a wad over the MOB are the Aggies. Great company, there, Tulsa fans.

RE: Great show by the MOB - Baconator - 11-24-2007 09:37 PM

When will the script be posted to the MOB web site?

RE: Great show by the MOB - 13thOwl - 11-24-2007 09:38 PM

When will the halftime performance be posted on YouTube?

RE: Great show by the MOB - gsloth - 11-24-2007 09:58 PM

wheredidmypantsgo Wrote:
At Ease Wrote:I like the outrage at TG = douchebag, but the apparent acceptance of Tulsa = hell.

LOL yeah I can't believe the MOB even had to state the obvious fact that Tulsa = hell.

What a bunch of whiney babies from Tulsa. The only other group that gets their panties in such a wad over the MOB are the Aggies. Great company, there, Tulsa fans.

There have been one or two shows along the way that really got the Arkansas fans riled way up. But your point is well taken.

RE: Great show by the MOB - Owl97 - 11-24-2007 10:07 PM

For those of us who had to spend the afternoon in remote parts of the world, what did the MOB do?

RE: Great show by the MOB - ArmyChick07 - 11-24-2007 10:20 PM

Agreed. Synopsis, please!

I have so much respect and love for the MOB this year, as our counterparts at home basketball games.

RE: Great show by the MOB - jwn - 11-24-2007 10:22 PM

For those who missed it, we'll try to have the full script up next week.

We did a spoof of looking through Dante's Hell for Todd Graham.

1st Segment: Started in the 2nd Circle, where the adulterers were. No sign of Todd Graham, but "Your Mom" told us to go lower. Played YMCA.

2nd Segment: Went to the 4th Circle, home of the greedy and avaricious. No Todd Graham, but we found torn up bits of his Rice contract leading like breadcrumbs into the depths...and being picked up by Dennis Franchione. Played Sell Out.

3rd Segment. Went to the 8th circle (technically, 8th circle Malebolgia 2)...home of the flatterers, who were "wallowing in donkey dung". But Todd Graham had gone farther down, because even they were sick of his BS. Played Cotton-Eyed Joe.

4th Segment. Went to the 9th Circle, home of traitors. No sign of TOdd Graham. We ask Satan, who tells us he's even further down...in the 10th circle. He leads us to a blacked door with a sign with 3 frightening words. Welcome. To. Tulsa. Louie and out.

RE: Great show by the MOB - Old Sammy - 11-24-2007 10:23 PM

The show was based on the nine circles of hell in The Divine Comedy - Dante's Inferno. It described a descent into Hell seeking Todd Graham.

They didn't find him in the first circle, but didn't expect to because those residents had spines.

They looked in the second circle (adulterers) but didn't find him. They did find a woman who knew him. Tulsa fans took this as an accusation the TG's mother was an adulterer. I'm not sure who they were talking about.

They looked in the fourth circle (greed), but didn't find him there

They looked in the eighth circle (liars and frauds) but didn't find him there.

They were sure they would find him in the ninth circle (traitors), but no luck, so they asked Satan, who told us that TG had been confined to the even-lower hitherto unknown tenth level. To approach that level, our searchers found a flame-blackened door with a three word inscription - "Welcome to Tulsa".

Then, in closing the PA announcer managed to refer to TG as a "douchebag".

RE: Great show by the MOB - jwn - 11-24-2007 10:26 PM

Old Sammy Wrote:They looked in the second circle (adulterers) but didn't find him. They did find a woman who knew him. Tulsa fans took this as an accusation the TG's mother was an adulterer. I'm not sure who they were talking about.

The joke was a "Your Mom" joke. Just a regular old your mom joke. Admittedly, it was quite an elegant setup and came out of nowhere, which is where the best your mom jokes come from.

At least, that's what your mom said last night...04-cheers

RE: Great show by the MOB - Baconator - 11-24-2007 10:27 PM

That's awesome. Thanks for the recap. It also sounds like some of the accusations from the DU fans (that the MOB called TG an adulterer, that his mother was insulted) are simply the result of them not understanding the English language. Shocking.