CSNbbs
NTR: Tax question - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: NTR: Tax question (/thread-276154.html)

NTR: Tax question - bleedin'blue - 01-24-2008 12:12 AM

I'm filling out a W-4, and on the personal allowances worksheet (lines A - H), it asks for the total number of allowances. It has been a while since I've filled out one of these. I can't remember if I should put 0,1, or 2.

I'm a young, single guy with zero dependents.

Just wondering what to do here. I appreciate any help.

RE: NTR: Tax question - uofmcamaro - 01-24-2008 12:14 AM

bleedin'blue Wrote:I'm filling out a W-4, and on the personal allowances worksheet (lines A - H), it asks for the total number of allowances. It has been a while since I've filled out one of these. I can't remember if I should put 0,1, or 2.

I'm a young, single guy with zero dependents.

Just wondering what to do here. I appreciate any help.

Did you not fill this out when you started working? Also, I thought it basically tells you what to put? Either way, I'm wanting to say it is 1, but I'm also not a tax adviser so I wouldn't take my advice

RE: NTR: Tax question - MemTigerFan - 01-24-2008 12:14 AM

In your case, your allowances would be 2.

That's not taking into account your full tax information, just based on the IRS forms. Depending on other factors and depending on if you want to get big refunds back or not that number could be different.

RE: NTR: Tax question - bleedin'blue - 01-24-2008 12:19 AM

Based on the worksheet, it seems like it would be 2, but others have told me it would be one. So I just thought I would ask to be sure. Thanks for the help!

RE: NTR: Tax question - wolf - 01-24-2008 12:35 AM

We can all claim CUSA as a dependent on our taxes...

RE: NTR: Tax question - OneShiningMoment - 01-24-2008 12:37 AM

Mo' Money! Mo' Money! Mo' Money!

RE: NTR: Tax question - clew901 - 01-24-2008 12:45 AM

OneShiningMoment Wrote:Mo' Money! Mo' Money! Mo' Money!

Great commercials.

RE: NTR: Tax question - mapdude - 01-24-2008 03:50 AM

The lower the number you put, the more they take out for withholding. If you want to insure a refund at tax time, put 0.

RE: NTR: Tax question - GermantownTiger - 01-24-2008 09:50 AM

mapdude Wrote:The lower the number you put, the more they take out for withholding. If you want to insure a refund at tax time, put 0.

The "0" entry is also known as the "Redneck Savings Plan". 03-lmfao

[Image: redneck.JPG]

RE: NTR: Tax question - GTigers - 01-24-2008 09:55 AM

Line H should be 2, with the 1's coming form line A and line B. If you own a house or for some other reason itemize you need to fill out the worksheet on the back of the W4 to obtain the proper exmptions.

"Any U.S. tax advice contained in the body of this message board was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions."