CSNbbs
Paul Johnson to GT - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: Georgia Tech (/forum-350.html)
+----- Thread: Paul Johnson to GT (/thread-267980.html)

Paul Johnson to GT - Terpy - 12-07-2007 01:07 PM

How do you guys feel about your new coach? What he has been able to accomplish at Navy was pretty amazing given what they were before he got there. Do you think his triple option offense can be successful in the ACC or will he change his offense? Also is there any chance Tenuta remains at GT?

RE: Paul Johnson to GT - Terpy - 12-07-2007 01:10 PM

Also if you fools start a thread on the sports bar instead of responding or even reading my thread I will kill you all.

RE: Paul Johnson to GT - copycat - 12-07-2007 06:36 PM

Terpy Wrote:How do you guys feel about your new coach? What he has been able to accomplish at Navy was pretty amazing given what they were before he got there. Do you think his triple option offense can be successful in the ACC or will he change his offense? Also is there any chance Tenuta remains at GT?

He won't run a pure Triple-Option offense at GT. He had to at Navy due to personnel, but it's adjustable to pass out of it, and do it quite well.

That being said, the TO isn't going away.

Tenuta has been quiet so far, I would think that PJ and JT would get together to discuss things, we'll see how it goes from there. JT didn't seem to have many attachments to Gailey, so I don't think that would matter much. It was the Athletic Director that pushed Gailey to hire him (at the time).

RE: Paul Johnson to GT - georgia_tech_swagger - 12-07-2007 10:01 PM

Paul ran the spread at Hawaii. He'll run a spread option at GT, which is what Fridge ran at GT.

GT football won't be boring as **** to watch on offense anymore!!! 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo

RE: Paul Johnson to GT - Terpy - 12-07-2007 10:06 PM

Didnt realize he was at Hawaii.

RE: Paul Johnson to GT - BeliefBlazer - 12-07-2007 10:54 PM

He's a great hire. I hope he does very well at Tech.

All these UGAg fans around where I live are starting to get on my nerves.

RE: Paul Johnson to GT - JoltinJacket - 12-10-2007 11:32 AM

Zee winnah!