CSNbbs
Great win tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigSouthbbs (/forum-12.html)
+---- Forum: Big South - South Division (/forum-702.html)
+----- Forum: Gardner-Webb (/forum-326.html)
+----- Thread: Great win tonight (/thread-266134.html)

Great win tonight - Ninerballin - 11-27-2007 11:41 PM

Wow, what can I say. The crowd was nice, and the team won against a pretty good High Point team.

Some Observations:

Aaron Linn- Man this guy just runs the offense with passion. He made quite a few nice feeds tonight, and defended the perimeter well (2 blocks, 3 steals).

Grayson Flittner- Again Grayson's shooting has been the difference. He just continues to knock down the 3 ball.

Thomas Sanders- Double-double again. My favorite player on the team, although undersized just keeps driving and scoring and getting boards. I'll live with the turnovers as long as he keeps driving.

Takayo Siddle- Takayo showed range tonight! I also liked how he was taking it to the hole and he limited his turnovers.

Matt French- AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE HOY HOY HOY! Where did that come from? Matt not only came in the 2nd half and made a difference by SHUTTING DOWN Big South POY Arizona Reid, but he made few nice passes to Lu inside and posted up well to get the feed from Linn. He also hit a 3.

A Mac- AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE HOY HOY HOY! Didn't play much, but when he was in he got the ball. He was effective tonight and our bigs keep improving!

Lu Dovonou- I thought he played great for the time he was in. Active on both ends and brought energy & hustle. Although he did get in foul trouble pretty quick, but they weren't costly fouls.

Nate Blank- I don't see how you can't like Nate. Didn't show up much in the scoring column tonight, but he was effective with his passes and didn't force anything that wasn't there.

Samba- Made that great block on Reid, although got REJECTED by the RIM himself on a dunk. He seems to be developing and if he can just keep improving and going for dunks inside. If he keeps improving then he might get a crack at more minutes because of size, but the way French played tonight that doesn't bode well for Samba.

Overall Grade - B+

I thought the team played effective and hustled for 40 minutes. I was glad to see the team not let up and when players came off the bench there was little drop off. High Point isn't that bad of a team either.

One area of improvement I would like to see is the defense off inbounds. WAY TOO MANY easy WIDE OPEN layups off an inbound for Reid and others tonight. Reid lit it up in the 1st half, but still a 11 point GW lead at halftime so I'll take it!