CSNbbs
NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead (/thread-265771.html)

NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - HHammerhead - 11-26-2007 05:01 PM

This is not quite on the same level as announcing the death of the Pope, but for those of us that remember the '80s....

"Quiet Riot" singer found dead in Las Vegas

By Dan Whitcomb

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular U.S. 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday.

DuBrow, 52, was found dead at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office said. She said an autopsy was under way on Monday to determine the cause of death.

"I can't even find the words to say," Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali said on his Web site. "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot, which was founded in Los Angeles in the mid-1970s, shot to the top of the Billboard charts with their smash 1983 album "Metal Health." It sold more than 6 million copies and is considered by many to be the first heavy metal record to top the pop charts.

The album's sales were spurred on by the band's monster hit, "*** on Feel the Noize," featuring DuBrow's powerhouse vocal, and the song's video, which was played in heavy rotation on MTV.

Quiet Riot's follow-up albums did not sell nearly as well and DuBrow was essentially fired from the band amid the ensuing rancor.
DuBrow regrouped Quiet Riot in the 1990s and the band has since played sporadically, last releasing an album in October 2006.

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - Brother Bluto - 11-26-2007 05:12 PM

Said to hear. I still got that metal health album

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - 3601 - 11-26-2007 06:26 PM

[Image: AlbumCovers-QuietRiot-MetalHealth(1983).jpg]

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - TigerTitan - 11-26-2007 06:29 PM

01-lauramac2 If it's NTR, why didn't you post it there, instead, like the majority of us do?

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - phototiger - 11-26-2007 06:30 PM

come on TT, feel the noise.

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - TOGC - 11-26-2007 06:45 PM

They were one of the first concerts I ever saw. The show was at the Auditorium North Hall, which was a great venue for concerts.

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - tigertommy - 11-26-2007 07:54 PM

Sad even though that guy was a major nutjob back in the 80s. I saw them at the old Auditorium North Hall with Jimi Jamison's band (Forget their name) opening. Still impressive they did make it even after their main musician (Randy Rhodes) left off for Ozzy then died in the plane crash.
One thing is for sure. Kevin had been wearing wigs for 20+ years.
[Image: kevin1-07.jpg]

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - Derby - 11-26-2007 08:06 PM

Still cant feel the noise.

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - tigertommy - 11-26-2007 08:14 PM

I didn't feel the noise for long. I prefered Metal Health over *** on but by the time their second album came out all it did was put me to sleep.
Anyone remember the second Slade cover they did for their second album?

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - HHammerhead - 11-26-2007 08:50 PM

tigertommy Wrote:I didn't feel the noise for long. I prefered Metal Health over *** on but by the time their second album came out all it did was put me to sleep.
Anyone remember the second Slade cover they did for their second album?

Wasn't that "Mama Weer All Crazee Now"? That would have been on the Condition Critical album. I have the first three QR CDs. I guess I hadn't learned my lesson after the second one. Thinking then: Maybe the third one will be a little better than the second one.

Nope.... Rock in peace, KD.

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - HHammerhead - 11-26-2007 08:51 PM

TigerTitan Wrote:01-lauramac2 If it's NTR, why didn't you post it there, instead, like the majority of us do?

I sense a little anti-metal frustration comin' from ya, Twang Town Boy.... 03-snooty

RE: NTR - Quiet Riot Singer Dead - tigertommy - 11-26-2007 10:37 PM

Yep, that was it. I think their first album was so solid because they had spent 6 years together making those songs. Some of them probably even came from Randy Rhoads. Ozzy sure missed him after he died so he had to be a good songwriter. Slickkkkkkkkkkkkk Blackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk CADILLAC!