CSNbbs
LOL...CI Meltdown - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Central Michigan (/forum-467.html)
+----- Thread: LOL...CI Meltdown (/thread-264332.html)

Pages: 1 2

LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipFB - 11-19-2007 12:10 PM

Incredible! Exactly why I made ncaabbs.com my new home is because of the very unprofessional "unethical" practices that go on there. Also...it gives us a taste of the circus act these coaches must have going on over there. Our players don't deserve that kind of leadership. That board is HIGHLY MONITORED BY THE CMU ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT AND COACHING STAFF. WOW! Sad day for the Chippewa faithful.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - chpfn - 11-19-2007 03:50 PM

You sure got that right, it appears that there are at least 5 staff or closely related to staff member prowling that board. It is truly a shame that they are so thin skinned, when a group acts that defensive, one has to figure something is wrong.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - SCCHIP - 11-19-2007 04:29 PM

I've been reading that and not trying to involve myself in that one. I don't care if they are monitoring or patrolling. They are as anonymous as we are, but you can see they are working hard and are passionate about what they are doing. Good it's nice to see.

I have been thinking about this a lot. I just hope these kids don't get discouraged by some of us who are highly critical of the program. I hope they take what they read with a gran of salt and say screw them to the stuff that is utterly ridiculous. Seriously, those kids don't go out there to lose. They go out and play their guts out hurt and otherwise. I mean wouldn't you? I didn't play football at CMU and I have nothing to do with the program other than being an alumn and a fan.

I know we do not all agree but, there is one thiing in common. We all want CMU to do great things so we can be proud of our alma mater. How we get there... well, I guess that's where we disagree. I do find it amusing that the skin is thin in the dept but when you get attacked constantly, one of those cuts is finally going to hurt enough to repond. I am still not a huge fan of BJ. I want him and CMU to do well. I want to see improvement. I don't think he's truly proven anything yet. In hindsight there are things he should've or could've done differently that may or may not have changed the outcome of some games. How do we get to judge? We're fans with the benefit of commentary and years of watching football. He's in it on the sidleines and his big picture is slightly different than hours. At this point it's time for us to give him time to prove that he's the guy for CMU. Only time will tell if Butch is the man. I for one hope he is.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipsNbeer - 11-19-2007 04:42 PM

I too hope the team does well, I think it is silly that according to others that the coaches should not be questioned, because they are loyal and they put in so many hours. I am loyal too and CMU doesn't even sign a check for me.

What this is is D1 football, to be at this level you should develop a thick skin and if you need a friend get a dog.

Do I think my opinion over what should be done for the team should matter? Absolutely not, not one bit however I wouldn't expect for a coach to be unprofessional about it.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipWatcher - 11-19-2007 05:48 PM

Guys, you will NEVER see a post from me questioning the desire or work ethic of ANY one of the football players. From the star of the program to the third or fourth string player. They all put more effort into playing than any non-player can understand. Same with the coaches.

That doesn't mean we should accept whatever they do. Coaches assess and grade players, fans should keep an eye on coaches. I won't comment on individual players talent level or suitability for playing at a certain position. Of course I have personal feelings but I am not at practice every day to see who really belongs on the field and who should wait on the bench. Those decisions are for the coaches alone.

What I can do is assess coaching talent by observing interactions with players, how offensive and defensive adjustments are made, what plays are called, how talent is used, etc. I do know football and have played the game. I'm not always correct but I have some strong opinions regarding this staff. I think the program is in trouble but at the same time I hope I'm wrong.

Football players at the D-1 level are all winners in my book whether on scholarship or not. Placing all blame on lack of effort or execution is denying the fact that coaching mistakes have been made. Coaches need to look at where they can improve as well. This group appears to be incapable/arrogant enough to not even admit mistakes. Makes it hard to fix a problem if you don't acknowledge it's existance.

The other board offers a classic example of denial and making excuses for coaches and administration. I think ChipFB said it well when he talked of them "drinking the cool aid".

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipFB - 11-19-2007 06:02 PM

Exactly what you said SC. Even if we have some highly critical fans...the common theme ( I would hope, with the exception of certain fans who only care about the staff's success) is we all want CMU to succeed. We wouldn't be here if we didn't care.

CI was great until beatwestern "thomas mehl" site admin starting deleting posts, which did NOT contain foul language or inappropriate content to merit a reason for deletion. I appreciate ncaabbs.com for giving us a new home that isn't so one-sided to protect the integrity of a coach.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipFB - 11-19-2007 06:05 PM

ChipWatcher Wrote:Guys, you will NEVER see a post from me questioning the desire or work ethic of ANY one of the football players. From the star of the program to the third or fourth string player. They all put more effort into playing than any non-player can understand. Same with the coaches.

That doesn't mean we should accept whatever they do. Coaches assess and grade players, fans should keep an eye on coaches. I won't comment on individual players talent level or suitability for playing at a certain position. Of course I have personal feelings but I am not at practice every day to see who really belongs on the field and who should wait on the bench. Those decisions are for the coaches alone.

What I can do is assess coaching talent by observing interactions with players, how offensive and defensive adjustments are made, what plays are called, how talent is used, etc. I do know football and have played the game. I'm not always correct but I have some strong opinions regarding this staff. I think the program is in trouble but at the same time I hope I'm wrong.

Football players at the D-1 level are all winners in my book whether on scholarship or not. Placing all blame on lack of effort or execution is denying the fact that coaching mistakes have been made. Coaches need to look at where they can improve as well. This group appears to be incapable/arrogant enough to not even admit mistakes. Makes it hard to fix a problem if you don't acknowledge it's existance.

The other board offers a classic example of denial and making excuses for coaches and administration. I think ChipFB said it well when he talked of them "drinking the cool aid".

:clap2:

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - CMUMAN95 - 11-20-2007 10:49 AM

"That board is HIGHLY MONITORED BY THE CMU ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT AND COACHING STAFF. WOW! Sad day for the Chippewa faithful."

I don't get why you say this...I'm assuming you are talking about the Plas letter? I don't see why those who support Plas' response must be considered a staff or "insider". I think Plas should have just deleted that email as it warranted no response, but it's not like what he said didn't have some truth. If you feel everyone who supports a coach is a staff member than I guess with that theory you could say those who are highly critical (like yourself) must have bad blood for the program or worse...must be a Bronco.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - Arrohead - 11-20-2007 11:36 AM

CMUMAN95 Wrote:"That board is HIGHLY MONITORED BY THE CMU ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT AND COACHING STAFF. WOW! Sad day for the Chippewa faithful."

I don't get why you say this...I'm assuming you are talking about the Plas letter? I don't see why those who support Plas' response must be considered a staff or "insider". I think Plas should have just deleted that email as it warranted no response, but it's not like what he said didn't have some truth. If you feel everyone who supports a coach is a staff member than I guess with that theory you could say those who are highly critical (like yourself) must have bad blood for the program or worse...must be a Bronco.
Touche'!

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipFB - 11-20-2007 12:43 PM

CMUMAN95 Wrote:I don't get why you say this...I'm assuming you are talking about the Plas letter? I don't see why those who support Plas' response must be considered a staff or "insider".
No. Your assumption is wrong. I'm not too sure how much time you spent on CI, however I've been around a while and was very familiar with the usernames and all of a sudden when BJ was getting criticism (oh god forbid)...there was an influx of new names popping up. I call it the "Cover up BJ's mess campaign".

CMUMAN95 Wrote:If you feel everyone who supports a coach is a staff member than I guess with that theory you could say those who are highly critical (like yourself) must have bad blood for the program or worse...must be a Bronco.
Okay cmuman...that was funny. I've been realistic and given positive and negative feedback this season. Unlike the "Cover up BJ's mess campaign"...they always rationalize for the mistakes and always say, "we're young...too banged up...kelly left the cupboard empty". The new posters as well as arro NEVER...say anything wrong about the coaching staff. Now that's how you know it's the athletic department or coaches, etc who are posting. I mean a real fan can see what our weaknesses are and strengths and has a right to criticize if something isn't done right. I even said what has been done right and applauded the staff a few times...however they also need to be accountable for the wrong things they do. I'm not a fan of the staff...however I want them to succeed, because if they don't succeed...then CMU doesn't succeed.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - CMUMAN95 - 11-20-2007 04:50 PM

I'll agree that there have been a lot of new posters and many were in support of Butch. I do know a few who work or have worked in the past in the CMU Athletic Department (no I am not one of them) and I have asked them before about the boards and if they read them...they said that they really don't pay much attention to them, so if they were telling me the truth (which I don't know why they wouldn't be) it is doubtful that BJ supporters are CMU Athletic Staff. I personally think that these boards have a lot of readers who felt compelled to post in support of Butch...you have to admit, it got pretty heated and the BJ haters were out in force after the Kansas game.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipWatcher - 11-20-2007 06:29 PM

Why should calling a coach for making a mistake be taken as "hating" a coach?

I have never talked to the guy. I'm not hating him when I pose questions on this board.

I do get frustrated when people make excuses for him and what he does. Some people choose to deny any problems. Is that reality?

On the other board, people refused to believe the locker room incident ever happened. I know for a fact it did happen. I can't comment on how I know because it could hurt people. The coach messed up and he and his lovers (opposite of haters) covered for him. Was the outburst something worth firing him for, I don't think so.

The football program will be hurt by the people trying to protect the coach and his staff in the long run. What is happening is happening regardless if some people choose to ignore it or defend it.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipWatcher - 11-20-2007 06:46 PM

Did anyone believe BJ's explanation of the water bottle incident?

That was the something to read and I think tells a lot about the person and how "spinning" reality is being used.

Does it automatically make him a bad coach, of course not but it does invite closer scrutiny.

I'm glad we won the division and I hope CMU goes undefeated the remainder of the year.

Some guys see the glass half empty and hope to fill it up, others see the glass half fulll and are perfectly happy, and some don't acknowledge the that the glass could hold any more.

It's all about perception

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - HorseGlue - 11-20-2007 07:01 PM

Very well put, ChipWatcher. I couldn't have said it any better.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - MktTimerChip - 11-20-2007 07:20 PM

Excellent posts ChipWatcher!

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - chpfn - 11-20-2007 08:15 PM

Kudo's CW, those spinning their love are really hurting our program in the long run. You said with style and grace, and I commend you for that. At least on this board we know the playing field will stay level, BW won't be here deleting and editing.

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - Okie Chippewa - 11-20-2007 08:23 PM

Elsewhere, Nick Saban royally put his foot in this mouth.

Just How Important is Football?

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipWatcher - 11-20-2007 09:55 PM

CMU should be proud and happy to have fans like you guys. Regardless of giving level (lol).

I know the players appreciate the support!

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - SCCHIP - 11-20-2007 10:16 PM

Is it time to start drinking yet? I'm not talking Kool Aid! 04-cheers

RE: LOL...CI Meltdown - ChipWatcher - 11-21-2007 12:00 AM

START!!!!!!!!

you haven't started yet?