CSNbbs
USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map (/thread-258973.html)

USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - SF Husky - 10-24-2007 10:40 PM

UCONN vs. USF

We got 2nd most coverage in the country. We will get Kentucky too so UL fans can tune in to their favorite UCONN kick returner :)

WVU vs. RU

Game got most of the country, including the west coast.

I bet this is the MOST coverage we ever got for full 2 games on ABC ever as a conference.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - Bearcats#1 - 10-24-2007 10:48 PM

Should be some GREAT BE games this weekend!!!!

Do us proud boys!

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - SoCalPanther - 10-25-2007 03:14 AM

Anyone else fint it interesting that the UConn/USF game is going to be on for the whole state of Florida considering that the ACC has a game on at the same time (Clemson/Maryland)?

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - Bull Daly - 10-25-2007 05:18 AM

It always should like that for the state of Florida. USF is a Florida team, so I would hope that the whole state of Florida will cover the USF game. It is a good thing, but I expect this to happen many of times if USF keeps winning.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - brista21 - 10-25-2007 09:10 AM

I don't think we've ever had that kinda coverage for a Big East game before at noon not involving Miami or Virginia Tech. 82% of the nation getting that game is awesome and I'm glad that all those Rutgers alums on the left coast will be able to see the game in HD with ease. There's actually quite a few Rutgers alums in California, particularly the Bay Area.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - Bearcat T - 10-25-2007 10:23 AM

UC -USF wil get either Espn2 Espn or ABC we are on the 6 day notice plan. for NOV 3rs game at USF

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - LaRue777 - 10-25-2007 10:48 AM

Can we rent some Big 10/SEC refs?

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - mattsarz - 10-25-2007 10:50 AM

There were a few Syracuse games, one vs. Notre Dame, one vs. WV and one vs. Purdue that got the full national coverage. Purdue and WV were scheduled for Labor Day Sunday and the Notre Dame one was on ABC before USC-UCLA.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - SF Husky - 10-25-2007 11:04 AM

brista21 Wrote:I don't think we've ever had that kinda coverage for a Big East game before at noon not involving Miami or Virginia Tech. 82% of the nation getting that game is awesome and I'm glad that all those Rutgers alums on the left coast will be able to see the game in HD with ease. There's actually quite a few Rutgers alums in California, particularly the Bay Area.

Should be a good game between RU vs. WVU. I have no idea there are so many RU grads in the Bay Area. All I ever run into are Berkeley, UC Davis, Santa Clara, San Jose State and Stanford graduates here.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - brista21 - 10-25-2007 11:54 AM

SF Husky Wrote:
brista21 Wrote:I don't think we've ever had that kinda coverage for a Big East game before at noon not involving Miami or Virginia Tech. 82% of the nation getting that game is awesome and I'm glad that all those Rutgers alums on the left coast will be able to see the game in HD with ease. There's actually quite a few Rutgers alums in California, particularly the Bay Area.

Should be a good game between RU vs. WVU. I have no idea there are so many RU grads in the Bay Area. All I ever run into are Berkeley, UC Davis, Santa Clara, San Jose State and Stanford graduates here.

Naturally they dominate the landscape but for some reason Rutgers biggest student draw outside the northeast is the West Coast and Florida. My freshman year I knew two kids from California both from the Bay Area, 1 from just outside Seattle, and 1 from Arizona just as an example.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - SF Husky - 10-25-2007 11:57 AM

brista21 Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:

Naturally they dominate the landscape but for some reason Rutgers biggest student draw outside the northeast is the West Coast and Florida. My freshman year I knew two kids from California both from the Bay Area, 1 from just outside Seattle, and 1 from Arizona just as an example.

I am a Santa Clara graduate also but I have an UCONN license plate on my car :)

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - Ring of Black - 10-25-2007 12:15 PM

Sucks that I live in B-12 country, but, despite Cincy not playing this week, I think I'll still ante up for the big doubleheader 04-cheers

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - usffan - 10-25-2007 12:31 PM

I've been living in the San Francisco area for over 15 years now. I live in the East Bay and for the last 8 years I've been commuting to the Peninsula, which has given me ample opportunity to see license plates, bumper stickers and window decals for a bunch of schools. Obviously the bulk are Cal, Stanford, UCLA and UC-Davis stickers. I've seen stuff for most Pac-10 and Big Ten schools, a few from the SEC, several Colorado ones... but not many from the Big East. I have to say I've never seen Rutgers, Louisville or UConn stuff at all. That includes a woman who works with me who got her master's degree at UConn. There's a guy who plays softball in the same league as me who's a Cincinnati grad and wears Bearcat gear on occasion. A guy who sits near me at the A's games is a Pitt alumnus, there's a guy on the radio in the morning here who's a HUGE WVU fan (plays the Mountaineers fight song all the time) and, of course, I'm especially observant of USF stuff (mostly because I'm looking to see which USF it's for). That said, I have to say the biggest representation I've seen from the Big East football side out here is Syracuse.

To me, though, the biggest surprise is the number of people out here who are alumni of the NESCAC. A week doesn't go by that I don't see a car with Bates, Colby or Bowdoin decals.

USFFan

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - Orange Eagles - 10-25-2007 01:58 PM

^
Syracuse has a HUGE alumni base on the West Coast (especially LA) most notably due to the Newhouse School of Public Communication which is one of the best communications programs in the country (a lot of television, radio and film grads, which I am, head out to LA after graduation).

The University even has a LA "campus" where students can study for a semester.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - SF Husky - 10-25-2007 02:06 PM

usffan Wrote:I've been living in the San Francisco area for over 15 years now. I live in the East Bay and for the last 8 years I've been commuting to the Peninsula, which has given me ample opportunity to see license plates, bumper stickers and window decals for a bunch of schools. Obviously the bulk are Cal, Stanford, UCLA and UC-Davis stickers. I've seen stuff for most Pac-10 and Big Ten schools, a few from the SEC, several Colorado ones... but not many from the Big East. I have to say I've never seen Rutgers, Louisville or UConn stuff at all. That includes a woman who works with me who got her master's degree at UConn. There's a guy who plays softball in the same league as me who's a Cincinnati grad and wears Bearcat gear on occasion. A guy who sits near me at the A's games is a Pitt alumnus, there's a guy on the radio in the morning here who's a HUGE WVU fan (plays the Mountaineers fight song all the time) and, of course, I'm especially observant of USF stuff (mostly because I'm looking to see which USF it's for). That said, I have to say the biggest representation I've seen from the Big East football side out here is Syracuse.

To me, though, the biggest surprise is the number of people out here who are alumni of the NESCAC. A week doesn't go by that I don't see a car with Bates, Colby or Bowdoin decals.

USFFan

Glad to see another West Coast person here. I love CA. If it weren't for the damn house cost, this would be one of the best places to live in the entire USA. I do agree with you I ran into very few BE fans here. People heard of UCONN here because of our basketball teams. One of my very good friend is a CUSE law alum so I give him plenty of crap about the CUSE this year. Other than that, it is your usual Cal, Stanford, UC Davis type of crowd. There are also plenty of Santa Clara alums in the area and I am one of them.

We also have plenty of pro distractions in the area with multiple football and baseball teams. Warriors are expecting to have a good year and Sharks aren't too shabby. Cal was having a good year until last couple of games. Stanford sucks but they did beat USC. Plenty of transplants here also so people's fan interest can be all over the place.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - bitcruncher - 10-26-2007 03:21 PM

There are a number of Mountaineers out west too. I used to be one of them. But I came back east in '85. The Appalachians have a pretty good pull on a person.

RE: USF vs. UCONN & WVU vs. RU ABC coverage map - LaRue777 - 10-27-2007 08:38 PM

And I had to watch the Turtles play Clemson. BC will have another test on the road against Clemson.