CSNbbs
WAC finishes ahead of MWC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: WAC finishes ahead of MWC (/thread-25838.html)

- broncobob - 04-08-2004 08:24 AM

<a href='http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc0304.htm' target='_blank'>Sagarin</a>

Who will break the news to the MWC fans?

- Cane Gang - 04-08-2004 11:17 AM

Wooo Hoooo! Yeeessssss! 04-cheers

Finished ahead of the Pac-10 as well...

- lauramac - 04-08-2004 08:51 PM

broncobob Wrote:Who will break the news to the MWC fans?
Silly broncobob... facts have no place on Planet Goat. :laugh:

I'm damn proud of the effort the WAC put forth (just wish the Rice men could've been more of a part of it). I just hope the end o' season respect carries over to next year! (And that goes for C-USA too. Great showing by both leagues.)

- SportsDawg - 04-09-2004 09:52 AM

Kind of neat that both the WAC and CUSA members don't like the MWC! Planet Goat!!! I like that. Don't they have a derogatory name for the first five schools that had the meeting to leave the WAC?

- Cane Gang - 04-09-2004 10:26 AM

SportsDawg Wrote:Kind of neat that both the WAC and CUSA members don't like the MWC! Planet Goat!!! I like that. Don't they have a derogatory name for the first five schools that had the meeting to leave the WAC?
We usually refer to them as the Airport 5. The rest of our pet names for them are unprintable on a family board like this... 03-wink

- lauramac - 04-09-2004 10:28 AM

I've heard them called the "Airport 5", "Goats", and "Mountain Goats" (though "Goats" can be more general -- "Airport 5" is specifically the instigators.

Yeah, C-USA doesn't much care for the MWC either, from what I've seen. :D Rice & SMU are carrying our own historical grudge over with us (and I think it's rubbed off a bit on Tulsa -- they weren't in the WAC when it happened, but they know the story); and now, with the TCU thing, Old C-USA has their own unpleasantness with the goats.

- 4tu2 - 04-10-2004 11:08 AM

lauramac Wrote:I've heard them called the "Airport 5", "Goats", and "Mountain Goats" (though "Goats" can be more general -- "Airport 5" is specifically the instigators.

Yeah, C-USA doesn't much care for the MWC either, from what I've seen. :D Rice & SMU are carrying our own historical grudge over with us (and I think it's rubbed off a bit on Tulsa -- they weren't in the WAC when it happened, but they know the story); and now, with the TCU thing, Old C-USA has their own unpleasantness with the goats.
Tulsa entered the WAC the same time SMU and Rice did.

- lauramac - 04-11-2004 02:04 PM

03-confused

My bad. Sorry, and thanks.

- SportsDawg - 04-12-2004 08:25 AM

It is Boise State that wasn't in the WAC when the break occurred, but it didn't take long to understand the history. The Broncos have never lost to MWC team in football since moving up to d1A. I think the record is 8-0 now.