CSNbbs
What a conference! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: What a conference! (/thread-257974.html)

Pages: 1 2

What a conference! - Bearcats#1 - 10-19-2007 05:07 PM

Rutgers puts on a show and out will's USF on national TV to climb back in/near top 25

UofL comes back from the dead and goes into UC and beats Cincy by four and it was Cincy's homecoming...

WVA loses a close one @ USF several weeks ago....

I could go on and on...

USF 6-1
WVA 5-1
UC 6-1
Rutgers 5-2

Not to mention UCONN's solid year....

wow! I hope to see four teams in Top 25 this Sunday....

some BIG games left this year....

RE: What a conference! - bitcruncher - 10-19-2007 08:11 PM

Rutgers will manage to get ranked this week, I think, and whoever wins between UofL and UConn will get some votes in the poll. The loser will disappear from the radar. Right now it's 7-0 Louisville, and the Cards are moving the ball downfield again. If UConn pulls out the win it'll be a miracle, from the looks of the way they're playing right now.

RE: What a conference! - CatsClaw - 10-19-2007 10:12 PM

Connecticut and Louisville are already receiving Top 25 votes, so this win by Connecticut should put them on the outer fringes of the Top 25, and if there are a number of upsets MIGHT sneak them into the Top 25 this week, though that's doubtful. As long as UC wins we could move into the Top 20, and West Virginia with a win could be knocking on the door of the Top 5. Rutgers, at 5-2 and a win over a Top 5 team, should be ranked. This is truly the BEast! Man I'm pumped about being in a conference like this after years of being on the outside looking in while Ohio State (Big Ten) and Kentucky (SEC) had all the fun!

RE: What a conference! - Bearcats#1 - 10-19-2007 10:16 PM

UofL has a down year and UC, USF, and UCONN are there to pick up the ball and run....what a conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And WVA has been "under radar" so to speak since the loss to USF...you may see them "sneak" into the Top 5 after they TRASH Miss St.

RE: What a conference! - CatsClaw - 10-19-2007 10:19 PM

And the best part is that West Virginia is now playing a decent Miss. State team that is battling for a bowl berth, and not a terrible Miss St. squad. The Big East has clearly proven themselves to be an elite conference!

RE: What a conference! - OUBOBCATJOHN - 10-19-2007 10:22 PM

Louisville isn't gonna make a bowl. They play Pitt, at WV, at South Florida and vs Rutgers. 3 ranked teams out of 4. Louisville needs 2 win just to get bowl eligible for International Bowl. The BE will likely get just 1 BCS bowl. Atleast Notre Dame won't be taking a spot this year. Just five bowls for BE again this year perhaps.

RE: What a conference! - USFMike - 10-19-2007 10:24 PM

well we still need west va to win, if they lose to miss st at home that would be a big blow to the conference. it's one thing for us to lose in conference but losing to an average sec team will set the conference back a bit. however it's nice seeing half of the conference with one loss and rutgers probably cracking the top 25.

RE: What a conference! - CatsClaw - 10-19-2007 10:25 PM

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Louisville isn't gonna make a bowl. They play Pitt, at WV, at South Florida and vs Rutgers. 3 ranked teams out of 4. Louisville needs 2 win just to get bowl eligible for International Bowl. The BE will likely get just 1 BCS bowl. Atleast Notre Dame won't be taking a spot this year. Just five bowls for BE again this year perhaps.

It's still possible that the Big East gets a second BCS team. Meanwhile, a lot of conferences would kill to have "just" five bowls. Cincinnati, South Florida, West Virginia and Rutgers will go to bowls. Louisville still has a chance. They should beat Pitt and they could beat Rutgers at home. And anything can happen onthe road. Louisville still has a shot at a bowl as long as they win the rest of their home games.

RE: What a conference! - CatsClaw - 10-19-2007 10:26 PM

USFMike Wrote:well we still need west va to win, if they lose to miss st at home that would be a big blow to the conference. it's one thing for us to lose in conference but losing to an average sec team will set the conference back a bit. however it's nice seeing half of the conference with one loss and rutgers probably cracking the top 25.

West Virginia is going to hammer Mississippi State. They're going to do to Miss. State what Cincinnati did to Oregon State. During that game the OSU coach said that he couldn't believe the speed that Cincinnati had. Miss. State is going to get a taste of the Big East speed.

RE: What a conference! - David Krysakowski - 10-19-2007 10:34 PM

UCONN 21, Louisville 17 Final Score.

RE: What a conference! - Murph1 - 10-19-2007 10:38 PM

David Krysakowski Wrote:UCONN 21, Louisville 17 Final Score.
Thanks for the breaking news, Tom Brokaw! 03-wink

RE: What a conference! - SF Husky - 10-19-2007 10:43 PM

It will be a tough fight for the conference title. UCONN vs. USF should be a good one. D vs. D.

RE: What a conference! - Murph1 - 10-19-2007 10:48 PM

Just remember, UConn still needs one more win to be assured of going to a bowl. Baby steps...

RE: What a conference! - Bull Daly - 10-19-2007 10:50 PM

Yes, I believe the USFvsUCONN game may be a low scoring game. I just hope that it is not raining when the Bulls play up there. Also, I hope it does not get too cold next weekend. Anyway, another key match up in the BIG EAST as two 6-1 teams put it on the line next Saturday on ABC. GO BIG EAST!!!

RE: What a conference! - OUBOBCATJOHN - 10-19-2007 11:06 PM

Every other BCS conference will have 8 bowl teams and the MWC will likely equal the BE for 5 bowl teams. CUSA and MAC are too balanced this year and are looking at just 3 or 4 bowl eligible teams each right now. WAC is very top heavy and make struggle to get more than Bosie, Hawaii, and Fresno State in a bowl. Sun Belt is looking a Troy and perhaps FAU sneaking into a bowl.

BE should consider football expansion ASAP so the conference can get up to 6 and 7 bowl games.

RE: What a conference! - USFMike - 10-19-2007 11:33 PM

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Every other BCS conference will have 8 bowl teams and the MWC will likely equal the BE for 5 bowl teams. CUSA and MAC are too balanced this year and are looking at just 3 or 4 bowl eligible teams each right now. WAC is very top heavy and make struggle to get more than Bosie, Hawaii, and Fresno State in a bowl. Sun Belt is looking a Troy and perhaps FAU sneaking into a bowl.

BE should consider football expansion ASAP so the conference can get up to 6 and 7 bowl games.

5/8 teams bowl elgible with a chance to get 2 in the bcs, i'll take that any day.

RE: What a conference! - Stookey57 - 10-19-2007 11:33 PM

Bull Daly Wrote:Yes, I believe the USFvsUCONN game may be a low scoring game. I just hope that it is not raining when the Bulls play up there. Also, I hope it does not get too cold next weekend. Anyway, another key match up in the BIG EAST as two 6-1 teams put it on the line next Saturday on ABC. GO BIG EAST!!!

Great signature win for the Huskies tonite on national TV against Louisville. This is what the program needed .
I hope it's real cold when USF comes to Conn, we will need all the help we can get......It's a shame you guys lost to Rutgers, Leavette was way to nervous, I think this hurt the team........

RE: What a conference! - brista21 - 10-20-2007 01:13 AM

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Louisville isn't gonna make a bowl. They play Pitt, at WV, at South Florida and vs Rutgers. 3 ranked teams out of 4. Louisville needs 2 win just to get bowl eligible for International Bowl. The BE will likely get just 1 BCS bowl. Atleast Notre Dame won't be taking a spot this year. Just five bowls for BE again this year perhaps.

Let's see Hawaii will lose likely twice before the bowls. Notre Dame ain't taking any bowl. And all conferences have max of two BCS bids. So given the fact that the Big Ten and Big Twelve don't likely have two BCS squads you tell me how the Big East doesn't get two.

RE: What a conference! - BullsBEAST - 10-20-2007 01:22 AM

CatsClaw Wrote:Connecticut and Louisville are already receiving Top 25 votes, so this win by Connecticut should put them on the outer fringes of the Top 25, and if there are a number of upsets MIGHT sneak them into the Top 25 this week, though that's doubtful. As long as UC wins we could move into the Top 20, and West Virginia with a win could be knocking on the door of the Top 5. Rutgers, at 5-2 and a win over a Top 5 team, should be ranked. This is truly the BEast! Man I'm pumped about being in a conference like this after years of being on the outside looking in while Ohio State (Big Ten) and Kentucky (SEC) had all the fun!
i hear you man, i think i'd shoot myself if USF had to go back to C-DOA

and yea i think if USF and WVU win out we will have 2 BCS bowl teams this year, our best chance is with USF winning the conference though, because WVU is a much more attractive choice for an at large than USF

RE: What a conference! - LaRue777 - 10-20-2007 06:18 AM

brista21 Wrote:\Let's see Hawaii will lose likely twice before the bowls. Notre Dame ain't taking any bowl. And all conferences have max of two BCS bids. So given the fact that the Big Ten and Big Twelve don't likely have two BCS squads you tell me how the Big East doesn't get two.

You might need to get two BE teams through the schedule with 1 loss due to the bias shown to the other conferences. I don't know how likely that is to happen. I kind of feel that the only 2 loss squad with any chance at a BCS slot would be WVU. A lot would have to happen though.

Hawaii only needs one loss and that may happen. You have to to feel that the Pac Ten and SEC will get 2 team so that leaves 2 to be split between the BE, Big Ten, ACC and Big 12. It will be interesting to see how those slots shake out.

It is so early though.