CSNbbs
How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? (/thread-257867.html)

Pages: 1 2

How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Bull Daly - 10-18-2007 11:32 PM

I want to see USF not fall farther than 15th while RU gets back into the top 25. If that happens then I think that will be best for the BIG EAST. If RU is not ranked then I think it is a slap to the BIG EAST's face.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - brista21 - 10-19-2007 01:22 AM

We were still getting votes I figure USF will end up around 13 and we'll end up around 20.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Bull Daly - 10-19-2007 04:39 AM

I would hope something like that happens for the BIG EAST's sake. WVU, USF, Cincy, and Rutgers can get half of the BIG EAST ranked again.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - goodknightfl - 10-19-2007 05:28 AM

My guess is USF is somewhere between 10 and 15... If rutgers gets ranked it will be 24 or 25.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - CatsClaw - 10-19-2007 05:50 AM

USF will probably fall to about #10 MAYBE #11, as long as Cincinnati wins they should be back in the Top 20, as long as West Virginia wins they'll probably be about #6 or #7 and Rutgers should be in at about #22 or #23. No way USF falls to #15. If they fall out of the Top 10 it'll be to 11th.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - bearcatfan - 10-19-2007 06:59 AM

Rutgers is a respected team. USF will still be in the top 10 in my opinion - anywhere from 8 to 10.

I don't think this will put Rutgers in just yet unless there are a lot of losses in the 20-25 ranks.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Bearcats#1 - 10-19-2007 07:18 AM

After this weekend (provided following teams win)
WVA: 6
USF: 16
UC: 19
RU: 24

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - panite - 10-19-2007 08:15 AM

If the same holds true for the other unbeatens then USF falls to around #12. Rutgers doesn't get ranked with their 2 losss if the bottom ten teams all win.03-melodramatic They will need a couple of more quality wins like last night 04-rock to crawl back in. The don't have the press and coaches pulling for them like Michigan and Florida 03-shhhh with 2 losses. Personally I think the Michigan loss against 1-AA Appy St and the Oregon whupping are worse than Rutgers losses but then I am no "BIG 10 POLITICIAN" 03-hissyfit (Herbstriet).04-jawdrop03-puke05-stirthepot

07-coffee3

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - 3601 - 10-19-2007 09:09 AM

I say USF will be around 14 and Rutgers will be around 26.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Orange Eagles - 10-19-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- South Florida began the week as one of six undefeated teams left in major college football. The Bulls were ranked No. 2 in the BCS standings, behind only venerable Ohio State, and had grand illusions of crashing the BCS party like no other upstart program had before.

When the weekend ends, South Florida will be like a lot of other college football teams. The Bulls will have a blemished record after losing to Rutgers 30-27 in front of 44,267 fans at Rutgers Stadium on Thursday night. They'll still be fighting for a conference title and a spot in a New Year's Day bowl game.

Unlike most other teams, though, South Florida won't have another opportunity at playing in the BCS Championship Game for a national title.

When you're an 11-year-old college football program and belong to a conference that lost three of its best teams only three years ago, there are no mulligans.

But the Bulls deserve a mulligan as much as LSU or Oklahoma.

The Tigers were given the benefit of the doubt a week ago, after the country's No. 1-ranked team lost at No. 17 Kentucky 43-37 in triple overtime. LSU fell to only No. 5 in the human polls and was fourth in the BCS standings.

Cal's surprising defeat to Oregon State last week was the 10th time a top-10 ranked team had lost to an unranked team during this unpredictable college football season. The Bulls became the 11th such victim on Thursday night.

But South Florida will be penalized more than LSU. And more than Oklahoma, which lost at Colorado 27-24 on Sept. 29. The Sooners are back to No. 5 in the BCS standings after beating Texas and Missouri in consecutive games.

When the new college football polls are released Sunday, chances are the Bulls will probably be ranked even lower than No. 9 West Virginia, which lost at South Florida 21-13 on Sept. 28.

That's the way college football works.

"Our goal never had anything to do with the rankings," South Florida coach Jim Leavitt said. "So that's not something I think about because I don't have anything to do with it. Our goal is to win the Big East. We took a hit tonight, for sure. There's no room [for error]. You still have a shot with one [loss], but I don't know if you can win it with two."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3070030

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Tigeer - 10-19-2007 09:48 AM

Depends on what happens the rest of the weekend. A lot can change between today and Monday.

BC - VT
OSU - MSU
UK - UF

To mention a few key matchups.

VT might even jump WVU this weekend with a win and who knows LSU could be number one and OU number two on Monday.

I say USF falls pretty hard, which isn't fair, but it is what it is so they say.

The BE will have to earn its respect once again in Bowl games.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - LaRue777 - 10-19-2007 11:27 AM

Tigeer Wrote:The BE will have to earn its respect once again in Bowl games.

I'm not sure that having 3 or possibly 4 teams ranked shows too much lack of respect. I think most of the lack of respect comes from certain members of the media. Fortunately the polls and computers are doing a better job.

BC and VT play next Thursday. IF WVU beats Miss State and Rutgers I would bet WVU would stay ahead of VT. If I could dream I'd be hoping to see WVU play VT or BC somewhere in a BCS bowl. A win against one of them I'm sure would mean more to WVU then other teams in the BE.
04-cheers

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - wvucrazed - 10-19-2007 11:42 AM

I think USF has a shot to stay in the Top 10, depending on what else happens nationally. A close road loss to Rutgers isn't any worse than OU's road loss to Colorado.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Tigeer - 10-19-2007 12:00 PM

LaRue777 Wrote:
Tigeer Wrote:The BE will have to earn its respect once again in Bowl games.

I'm not sure that having 3 or possibly 4 teams ranked shows too much lack of respect. I think most of the lack of respect comes from certain members of the media. Fortunately the polls and computers are doing a better job.

BC and VT play next Thursday. IF WVU beats Miss State and Rutgers I would bet WVU would stay ahead of VT. If I could dream I'd be hoping to see WVU play VT or BC somewhere in a BCS bowl. A win against one of them I'm sure would mean more to WVU then other teams in the BE.
04-cheers

You are spot on - polls are doing the BE well; its that damn ESPN that sucks which given its location makes little sense. I suppose they are cattering to numbers which equates to $$$s.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Bull Daly - 10-19-2007 04:17 PM

What makes you mad is that USC loses at home as a 41 point favorite to Stanford while USF losing on the road as a 3 point favorite against a good Rutgers team that was playing to stay alive in the BIG EAST race. If pollsters dont see that then these rankings are a joke, No wonder Leavitt does not pay attention to the rankings that much because they really are a joke.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - bitcruncher - 10-19-2007 08:31 PM

Here's some evidence that people can see what's happening...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7335814

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - CatsClaw - 10-19-2007 10:04 PM

I would be shocked if South Florida falls any further then 12th. Especially since the team they lost to will be in the Top 25.

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - OUBOBCATJOHN - 10-19-2007 10:11 PM

What about UConn being ranked?

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - Bearcats#1 - 10-19-2007 10:12 PM

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:What about UConn being ranked?

They should be close if not in.....what's their SOS anybody?

RE: How far does USF fall, and will RU be ranked?? - CatsClaw - 10-19-2007 10:15 PM

Bearcats#1 Wrote:
OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:What about UConn being ranked?

They should be close if not in.....what's their SOS anybody?

I believe it's in the mid-100s. It'll be tough, and they'll need some help Saturday (hopefully not from us) but Connecticut could sneak into the Top 25. Most likely they'll settle into the Top 30.

Update: Their SOS is actually 105. It has gotten significantly better playing in the Big East, and it should get better since they host South Florida next week.