CSNbbs
Looking for a little feedback - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Central Michigan (/forum-467.html)
+----- Thread: Looking for a little feedback (/thread-253343.html)

Looking for a little feedback - garci1r - 09-26-2007 03:14 PM

Dang it guys, now I have to post in two spots! Tell me what you think about my little pet idea below.

If Kelly-Shorts had a "stand up on big plays, get crazy, yell and make it tough place to play" section available, what would it take for you to give up your current seat location to be a part of it.

Would you:

1. pay extra to be there? if so, how much?

2. be okay with moving to a slightly less desirable location (from the 50 to the 40-yard line)

3. move from where you are to the rows in front of the divider where the concourse tunnels come out (presumably a requirement so that we could stand and scream without being in anyone's way)

I sent a couple athletics folks an email about this just as an idea and wanted to get some feedback as to whether anyone else would appreciate something like this. I think it would give us an opportunity to actually have a spot on the alumni side that could help make Kelly-Shorts a tougher place to play. Thanks for the feedback.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - Spear4life03 - 09-26-2007 03:15 PM

Im in the student section. And i'll be out of state as of May when i graduate :( I like the idea though, it would help get the alumni section going.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - HorseGlue - 09-27-2007 04:22 PM

I graduated in 2004, and my buddies and I still stand in the student section because the rest of the stadium is so dead. I have season ticket seats, but I've never sat in them.

I think this is a good idea, but some of the "opera glasses" fans on the press box would be pissed about the noise and enthusiasm.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - garci1r - 09-28-2007 08:41 AM

Just so you know, Heeke emailed me back and it sounds like its something they might look in to. I just think it would be great to have even one alumni section to match the enthusiasm of our students. It sounds like one hang up would be how to incorporate current Chip Club membership levels into a potential plan. Anyway, I hope it happens. I'm tired of being one of twenty people standing on big plays. Any other thoughts?

RE: Looking for a little feedback - ChippewaPride - 09-28-2007 08:45 AM

It would definitely be something that I would consider.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - BarnardHall211 - 09-28-2007 09:05 AM

I say it would have to be close to the students, band, be seen on television, and drown out the visitors. What section does the band sit in - the light blue one on the visitor's side?

[Image: kellyshortsqu6.jpg]

RE: Looking for a little feedback - ChippewaPride - 09-28-2007 09:39 AM

The band sits in section "V".

RE: Looking for a little feedback - BarnardHall211 - 09-28-2007 09:41 AM

Why is U and K shaded light blue? Is it reserved for something? Student section overflow?

RE: Looking for a little feedback - ChippewaPride - 09-28-2007 09:45 AM

Light blue is general admission seating. I think that it is also used for student section overflow.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - Spear4life03 - 09-28-2007 10:39 AM

Section X would be perfect.... 05-stirthepot

RE: Looking for a little feedback - BarnardHall211 - 09-28-2007 12:18 PM

I suggest buying a block of tickets in X or W, so those interested could sit together. Wear something similar (like a "gold" t-shirt that has the name of this board on it) to stand out from the crowd. See how it works, and if it brings attention (i.e. new users to the board, comments from tv commentators and fellow fans), then go to Heeke and try to get something "official" set up.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - cmufanatic - 09-28-2007 12:59 PM

anyone see the boise st game last evening? I am so jealous of that school, non bcs powerhouse selling out every home game, they are even expanding the stadium which is at 30k currently

anyway, they had each section alternate colors ie sec h is orange, sect I is blue, J is orange and so on.
It looked really neat.

I love the idea garci1r that you had.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - SCCHIP - 10-01-2007 03:55 PM

Just going to throw this out there, feel free to throw it back... Why don't we get them to put down a Maroon field with Gold endzones? You know in the vein of Boise St? 03-idea Just a thought. Continuing that thought... what if Western put down colored turf? It would look like a toilet from a blimp, all brown and yellow. 03-puke

RE: Looking for a little feedback - cmu83 - 10-02-2007 01:37 PM

Maroon turf, with maroon jerseys and maroon pants? Lefevre would get sacked 15 times a game, trying to spot a receiver. LOL

The blue turf is, ummmm.....interesting, but let's keep it in Boise.

RE: Looking for a little feedback - BarnardHall211 - 10-02-2007 01:56 PM

Let's turn it into Glow Bowling while we're at it. Neon green thundersticks for everyone!!1!!11

RE: Looking for a little feedback - BGSUalum1987 - 10-02-2007 03:31 PM

garci1r Wrote:If Kelly-Shorts had a "stand up on big plays, get crazy, yell and make it tough place to play" section available...

Well, if it's going to truly be a tough place to play, shouldn't that describe every section in the stadium?

03-idea

RE: Looking for a little feedback - BarnardHall211 - 10-02-2007 06:24 PM

BGSUalum1987 Wrote:
garci1r Wrote:If Kelly-Shorts had a "stand up on big plays, get crazy, yell and make it tough place to play" section available...

Well, if it's going to truly be a tough place to play, shouldn't that describe every section in the stadium?

03-idea

Hey, does that new turf make it easier to chase down punters?

RE: Looking for a little feedback - ChippewaPride - 10-02-2007 06:25 PM

Hey, does that new turf make it easier to chase down punters?

Beautiful, Barnard...:ncaabbs::ncaabbs:

RE: Looking for a little feedback - Kelly'sBathwater - 10-02-2007 07:35 PM

Wow. A 1994 reference. They stopped Pruitt, but couldn't stop Fisher!