CSNbbs
Carolina (3-1, 16-2) vs. Georgia Tech (2-2, 13-4) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: North Carolina (/forum-358.html)
+----- Thread: Carolina (3-1, 16-2) vs. Georgia Tech (2-2, 13-4) (/thread-24713.html)

Carolina (3-1, 16-2) vs. Georgia Tech (2-2, 13-4) - ecuacc4ever - 01-19-2007 07:52 AM

This is the game where we'll see if the young kids have turned a corner, so to speak... can they avoid the let down after winning at Clemson on Wed. night...?

Maybe GTSwagger can tell us more about the 'Jackets since I haven't followed them as much this season...

- JD Heel - 01-19-2007 09:54 AM

I hope the Heels can win this one comfortably, but I have my doubts. The Jackets have had all week to prepare for this game. They aren't going down without a fight.

- georgia_tech_swagger - 01-19-2007 10:28 AM

Problems:
- We turn the ball over. *ALOT*.
- Defense seems to utterly vanish for entire halfs/games without warning. We lost to Clemson b/c we let a power forward catch an inbounds pass at halfcourt and drive undefended clear to the bucket for the game winning layup.
- 3-pt shooting ... this one may soon be off the list, as it appears Anthony Morrow has finally got his jumpshot back to normal from a back injury one season ago.
- We haven't won a road game in a long time. A LONGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME. We may very well be worst in the conference in terms of recently won road game.
- Paul Hewitt's ACC road record is literally or very very close to single digit percentages.

Good things:
- We are very strong on the inside.
- We have good depth on the inside.
- Javaris Crittenton is the real deal. He is the next great GT point guard. Don't be fooled by his numbers, he likes to spread the wealth just like Jarret Jack did.

- JD Heel - 01-19-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:- We haven't won a road game in a long time. A LONGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME. We may very well be worst in the conference in terms of recently won road game.

I'm not fooled. You should have won in the Dean Dome last year, so that's enough to make me disregard the road record stat.

If you can shoot from the outside like you did against us last year, you have a chance against us. We seem to leave that wide open.

- techfan4 - 01-19-2007 11:56 PM

Honestly...I was surprised when I saw our record was 13-4...I thought it'd be more like 10-7.

UNC *should* take care of us. UCLA was the only team that out-ran us...but I think UNC will be the second.

- JD Heel - 01-20-2007 10:05 PM

34-23 UNC at the break.

The first half was kinda sloppy. I think whichever team comes out strong in the second half will be in good shape this game.

- georgia_tech_swagger - 01-20-2007 11:04 PM

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Problems:
- We turn the ball over. *ALOT*.
- Defense seems to utterly vanish for entire halfs/games without warning. We lost to Clemson b/c we let a power forward catch an inbounds pass at halfcourt and drive undefended clear to the bucket for the game winning layup.
- 3-pt shooting ... this one may soon be off the list, as it appears Anthony Morrow has finally got his jumpshot back to normal from a back injury one season ago.
- We haven't won a road game in a long time. A LONGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME. We may very well be worst in the conference in terms of recently won road game.
- Paul Hewitt's ACC road record is literally or very very close to single digit percentages.

Got to see every one of these on display tonight. Pretty much what I expected. We may not win a road game for two full years.