CSNbbs
Duke football begins tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: Duke (/forum-354.html)
+----- Thread: Duke football begins tonight (/thread-24497.html)

Duke football begins tonight - Laettners Legacy - 09-02-2006 10:02 AM

Duke vs I-AA Richmond

- Laettners Legacy - 09-02-2006 09:02 PM

How the hell do we lose to Richmond?

0-13. we had 8 downs to score from the 10 yrd line in the final 5 mins

- georgia_tech_swagger - 09-03-2006 12:02 PM

Laettners Legacy Wrote:How the hell do we lose to Richmond?

0-13. we had 8 downs to score from the 10 yrd line in the final 5 mins

Isn't your offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien? Tech fans *really* didn't like him as our OC. He stunk the place up.

- Laettners Legacy - 09-03-2006 03:35 PM

our defensive seemed good. better then it has been. dont know if that means its improved or just that we were playing a Div 1-AA...

- georgia_tech_swagger - 09-03-2006 09:50 PM

Laettners Legacy Wrote:just that we were playing a Div 1-AA...

We'll call that one "much more likely" :)

I think a large portion of the problem with Duke right now is high up. They're not taking football seriously ... and the fans seem to be for the most part fine with that.

- Terpy - 09-03-2006 10:31 PM

Hey, somebody has to be in the basement. But then again I guess most other conferences bottom dwellers arent as consistently bad as Duke has been. Duke gets beat by the worst division one teams and even teams in D I AA, that isnt something that should happen with a team from a power conference. With even minimal effort they should be able to recruit some decent talent, after all they do still play football in the ACC, but they really just dont seem to put any effort into recruiting.

Wake Forest is in a similar situation being a small private University and atleast they have been bowling in the past 4-5 seasons and are somewhat competitive in the ACC. If anything Duke should have more cachet than WF in football, they just dont use it