CSNbbs
Bonds failed drug test in 2006 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: Bonds failed drug test in 2006 (/thread-232248.html)

Bonds failed drug test in 2006 - GDawgs88 - 01-11-2007 02:35 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6358406

- TailgateTiger - 01-11-2007 03:44 PM

takes a drug to lose weight and gets busted

- Terpy - 01-11-2007 04:13 PM

05-nono

- Herd Fan 4-Life - 01-12-2007 12:47 AM

Victim's assistance

Barry Bonds has been victimized again, and you can imagine his disgust.

One more burden to drag along on the way to Aaron. One more question to answer, or evade. One more bullet for the misguided, the suspicious, the haters.

Surely, he can't believe this keeps happening to him.

People he knows, people he trusts, just keep handing him stuff, or leaving it around, and he does what any grown man would do. He puts it in his mouth or rubs it on himself. Then somebody goes and blabs about it.

Besides, wasn't this supposed to be Mark McGwire's week?

The theme of the latter half of Barry Bonds' career persisted with Thursday's revelation that he not only tested for amphetamine use last season, but, in a scenario he denied later Thursday, tried to hang it on teammate Mark Sweeney.

The New York Daily News reported it all out, including the part about Sweeney confronting Bonds about what he told the players' union, and Bonds telling Sweeney the union misconstrued the conversation about greenies that eventually led, quite naturally, to a completely unrelated mention of Sweeney. It was this minor misunderstanding, according to the Daily News, that caused the union to call Sweeney and tell him to hide his amphetamines.

See how these things get turned around on Bonds?

Sweeney's agent said Sweeney didn't use or possess amphetamines. What Sweeney did possess was unusual and admirable patience. When "Game of Shadows" hit last spring, drawing dozens of reporters, Sweeney handled every inquiry, usually while other players fled. He pledged his support to Bonds, spoke of team over turmoil, baseball over distraction, and momentarily softened Bonds' image by including him in the American Idol knock-off show, the one in which Bonds dressed as Paula Abdul.

Sweeney had met him a few days before.

"He is both my teammate and my friend," Bonds said in a statement. "He did not give me anything whatsoever and has nothing to do with this matter, contrary to recent reports."

Then he sort of confessed.

"I want to express my deepest apologies especially to Mark and his family as well as my other teammates, the San Francisco Giants organization and the fans."

Let's catalog the inequities, as they have been alleged and foisted upon Bonds:

He unknowingly accepted and consumed designer steroids, for which his best friend is now in prison.

He unknowingly entered into a business arrangement with the founder of a laboratory that provided designer steroids to numbers of athletes.

And he unknowingly

- Terpy - 01-12-2007 10:48 AM

If you are going to steal greenies from a teammate why would you pick this guy?

AVG .251 | HR 5 | RBI 37 | OBP .330 | SLG .382

A lot of good it did him. lmfao lmfao lmfao

- GrayBeard - 01-20-2007 03:46 PM

Boo Bonds