CSNbbs
RIP with a MLB Logo on your coffin or urn - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: RIP with a MLB Logo on your coffin or urn (/thread-231523.html)

RIP with a MLB Logo on your coffin or urn - Herd Fan 4-Life - 10-18-2006 03:48 PM

In the odd news dept...

PHILADELPHIA - Baseball fanatics won't have to leave behind their beloved teams when they finally go to that big stadium in the sky. Instead, they'll soon be able to rest in peace inside a coffin with team colors and insignia.

Major League Baseball has a marketing deal with a company called Eternal Image. It'll put team logos on caskets and urns. The effort begins next season with the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Phillies, Cubs and Dodgers. It could eventually include all 30 teams.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061018/ap_on_fe_st/baseball_funerals;_ylt=AuIj1ZM0ETU2LEK3YyvBWEwZ.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3NW1oMDRpBHNlYwM3NTc-

- GDawgs88 - 10-18-2006 04:38 PM

Um...yeah...

- Terpy - 10-18-2006 06:19 PM

Believe it or not they started making these with college logos a couple of years ago.

- flyingswoosh - 10-18-2006 09:21 PM

yeah, i read about it a few months ago. it's an awesome idea. i'm definitely gonna do that for my dad when he dies, if i can't get his ashes scattered on the field at pac bell.

- TailgateTiger - 10-19-2006 09:36 AM

i have no idea why this made headlines. i guess baseball is the last sport to do coffins.

but i'll never be let down by the mets

- Terpy - 10-19-2006 03:10 PM

flyingswoosh Wrote:yeah, i read about it a few months ago. it's an awesome idea. i'm definitely gonna do that for my dad when he dies, if i can't get his ashes scattered on the field at pac bell.

Im going to make bad jokes when you dad dies.

- flyingswoosh - 10-19-2006 03:17 PM

Terpy Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:yeah, i read about it a few months ago. it's an awesome idea. i'm definitely gonna do that for my dad when he dies, if i can't get his ashes scattered on the field at pac bell.

Im going to make bad jokes when you dad dies.

ok, i don't care. knock yourself out. make fun of my whole family, that kinda stuff doesn't bother me.

- TailgateTiger - 10-19-2006 03:49 PM

i'll make fun of anyone who gets this crap