CSNbbs
White is starting QB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1019.html)
+----- Forum: Oklahoma (/forum-193.html)
+----- Thread: White is starting QB (/thread-2067.html)

- RacerJoe01 - 08-21-2002 01:04 PM

per SportingNews.com

Jason White, whose tenure as Oklahoma's starting quarterback was cut short by an injury last season, has won the job again.

White, a junior, was named the starter for the second-ranked Sooners by coach Bob Stoops on Monday after a training camp competition with senior Nate Hybl.

Hybl started 11 games a year ago, when Oklahoma finished 11-2. He won the job last season after a tight competition with White.

"The reasons are much like last year," Stoops said. "Overall through camp, the consistency and leadership have been there.

"In the end, I'll say this, too: Nate has had by far and away his best camp and has looked awfully good. We're still pleased and excited about the way Nate has progressed."

White, the more mobile of the two, took over the starting job last year after playing well off the bench against Texas and Kansas. He started against Baylor and Nebraska but sustained a season-ending knee injury against the Cornhuskers.

White was 73-of-113 passing for 690 yards, five touchdowns and three interceptions last season.

- bamaphilosopher - 08-22-2002 09:17 AM

If you look at the statistics through the end of 2-a-days, both QB's have picked it up.

I am comfortable with either one in the lineup.

This is OUr year (again). I can't wait for No. 8!