CSNbbs
Is it too late? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Team Talk (/forum-161.html)
+----- Forum: Maryland (/forum-347.html)
+----- Thread: Is it too late? (/thread-19146.html)

- kaisersayzo - 02-16-2004 04:02 PM

If UMD can beat two of the remaining ranked teams, they are in the NCAA's. Even if they finish 7-9 I think they are in. The have to beat VA, Clemson and 2 out of the following 4 teams (State, Duke, G'Tech, or Wake). That would boost them up to beating 4 higher ranked teams and one number 1.

What do ya think?

- Terpy - 02-16-2004 06:01 PM

Win at home and we are in, its simple.

- JoltinJacket - 02-17-2004 04:03 PM

7-9 gets the Terps in.

- kaisersayzo - 02-18-2004 10:03 AM

JoltinJacket Wrote:7-9 gets the Terps in.
Hey Jolt, what do you think will happen Thursday night? With Tech losing an embarrassing one, I see quite a fight on our hands. My prediction is UMD wins by 5. On the flip side, Tech's 3's just might kill us.

- JoltinJacket - 02-19-2004 12:48 PM

Tech seems to have a problem playing down to the level of their competition. Hopefully they realize this is a huge game because they've been able to beat Tennessee and Wake on the road already. If Elder and Lewis are on their game and we can find a way to hold down McCray and Smith inside like in the game in Atlanta, I like our chances.

- kaisersayzo - 02-19-2004 01:31 PM

JoltinJacket Wrote:Tech seems to have a problem playing down to the level of their competition. Hopefully they realize this is a huge game because they've been able to beat Tennessee and Wake on the road already. If Elder and Lewis are on their game and we can find a way to hold down McCray and Smith inside like in the game in Atlanta, I like our chances.
I tend to agree with that. The true test will be whether Gilcrist decides to focus on passing or just schooling Jack again. Either way, the Tech guards will need to hush the crowd or else the defense will smother them. They are great shooters but are matched by a couple 6'5 guards that play outstanding D. I do know one thing though, Bynum won't be overlooked this game.

- Terpy - 02-19-2004 05:23 PM

DJ is gonna have to have a big time game for us on defense.