CSNbbs
JR Smith signs agent - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: North Carolina (/forum-358.html)
+----- Thread: JR Smith signs agent (/thread-18833.html)

- tarheelsben1 - 05-21-2004 07:21 AM

:wave:
Quote:"I think I'm ready. I've ready elevated my game to a higher level," Smith told ESPN.com after working out for the Lakers, Nuggets, Jazz and Clippers on Thursday. "The (high school) All-Star games convinced me that I have what it takes to play in the NBA. I got great feedback from the NBA (draft) committee. I was told I could go anywhere (from) No. 1 to No. 16."

- jrhessey - 05-21-2004 07:54 AM

****!! Well I thought the day started off good...

figured this day was coming, still had to hope though...

- JD Heel - 05-21-2004 09:18 AM

This was probably for the best. We don't really need any one-and-done wing players right now. I'm skeptical about Marvin Williams, but we *do* need big men. If he plays well enough to leave after this year, then he will have done us a good service.

I wish J.R. all the luck in the world....

-JD

- Lush - 05-21-2004 12:13 PM

Of course he's ready! Who isn't. But seriously, who's gonna be your starting 5? Is Marvin gonna start at the 4 with Sean at the 5?

peace.

- JD Heel - 05-21-2004 12:51 PM

I've got think we're looking at:

1 - Felton
2 - McCants
3 - J. Williams
4 - M. Williams
5 - May

With the reports of Jawad bulking up this summer, he may be more of a 4 than Marvin. I'm not sure -- but, I don't necessarily think they'll have clear-cut positions when it comes to offense, anyway. Jawad will probably post up every now and then and Marvin will probably do the same. I'll have to see more of Marvin to see what kind of post moves he's got and how he defends the post. And, of course, we have to see how Jawad will recover from last year's injury-plagued campaign. Will he be the tough, aggressive Jawad from late '03? Or, will he be the timid Jawad from last year?

-JD