CSNbbs
Season is over - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigSouthbbs (/forum-12.html)
+---- Forum: Big South - South Division (/forum-702.html)
+----- Forum: Gardner-Webb (/forum-326.html)
+----- Thread: Season is over (/thread-17563.html)

Season is over - Runnin' Bulldog Pride - 03-01-2007 03:53 PM

Gardner-Webb's men's basketball season officially concluded this afternoon with a 79-61 defeat at the hands of the mighty Belmont Bruins in Johnson City.

The loss capped off a season that met all of the low expectations for the squad coming into the year. With the presence of eight newcomers, it was apparent that this team would struggle, especially when playing one of the toughest non-conference schedules in America is factored into the equation.

I believe that the future for this program is bright, despite the loss of Chris Gash to graduation. These young players will mature, and I don't think the significance of the move to the Big South can be quantified in terms of its benefit to recruiting, travel and th overall interest in the Runnin' Bulldog basketball program.

FWIW, I am pulling for ETSU the rest of the way. They are much more likable than is Belmont or Lipscomb. Jacksonville, simply put, has zero chance of winning this tournament.

Re: Season is over - Bucfaithful - 03-01-2007 04:04 PM

Bummer man. If it wasn't for that one series after you guys pulled with 2, you guys had a great shot. I was pulling for you guys. It's so hard to win with such a brand-spankin new team. I give your coach credit for not scheduling patsies.

Thanks for the support. I like our chances. And you right, Belmont and Lipscomb are not very likeable. I hope we slaughter both of them.

Good luck next year. I think you'll come back strong.[/quote]

- Ninerballin - 03-02-2007 01:37 AM

Young team, too bad Gash couldn't have had a better senior season. With the growth of the young guys I think GW will be fighting again next year. Lost to a good Belmont team.