CSNbbs
Coach Elson... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Western Kentucky (/forum-304.html)
+----- Thread: Coach Elson... (/thread-15945.html)

Coach Elson... - Hilltopper2K - 11-20-2006 09:58 PM

You know, Coach Elson has caught a lot of flack on the haven. But how hard would it be to recruit top players with the stands as empty as they are? No excuse I'm sure they would say. But I'm just making the point that until the fans give thier best what right do they have to expect the best?

At any rate I do not think WKU can or should fire coaches for winning seasons. Granted that could (will?) change over the coming seasons with the transistion.

But Coach Elson may yet live up to the haven's formidible standards. I wish him all the luck in the world.

GO TOPS!

- KillToppers90 - 11-21-2006 11:33 PM

That may be true but the Toppers numbers (offensive and defensive production) have been declining every year since Elson has been here. And I have never seen a Topper team so ill-prepared for any game as I witnessed against EKU this year. so I believe that coaching is partly to blame for our lack of production this season.

And even when I played (many moons ago) I never played for the fans in the stands and we drew less numbers than we do now. Pride, the love of the game and to win were our primary motivations then.

- Hilltopper2K - 11-23-2006 09:07 PM

I won't defend the EKU game. I will certainly agree on that one.

Sunday night I watched the WKU Football show on 13. I have watched every one of them this season. I noticed that Elson seemed to be the most excited I have ever seen him when he was talking about 1A. I hope that passion carries over into the coming seasons. I would love to upset some Sunbelt teams... one in particular.

- Hilltopper2K - 11-23-2006 09:08 PM

Killtoppers, did you make that banner? Nice job if so.

- KillToppers90 - 11-24-2006 01:53 PM

Hilltopper2K Wrote:Killtoppers, did you make that banner? Nice job if so.
Yes I did. Thank you!