CSNbbs
Transition Strategy... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Transition Strategy... (/thread-15882.html)

Transition Strategy... - Hilltopper2K - 08-19-2006 06:13 PM

Can anyone tell me some specifics about the two year transition to 1A?

Can you recruit all of the extra scholarships the first year?

How many can you redshirt?

What worked well for successful transitions (troy, marshall, Boisie st. etc.)

Re: Transition Strategy... - Unixmaster - 08-22-2006 06:58 PM

Hilltopper2K Wrote:Can anyone tell me some specifics about the two year transition to 1A?

Can you recruit all of the extra scholarships the first year?

How many can you redshirt?

What worked well for successful transitions (troy, marshall, Boisie st. etc.)

The maximum scholarships you can award each signing class is 25. The maximum total you can have at 1A is 85. You can redshirt as many as you can stand.

- Hilltopper2K - 08-23-2006 07:28 PM

The maximum scholarships you can award each signing class is 25.

That stinks. Wow. That makes it tougher. We have to go from what 63 to 85 in essentially 3 years? If we need on average 16 players a year to replace what we have then we would only be able to add around 9 extra players a year. Ideally your first transition year would be a year where you you don't need many players (thus more of your recruits would be filling out the extra scholarships.) I think we will have about 17 players to replace next year.

I assume we would play a mostly AA schedule the first year of transition, so I would redshirt all of the 8 or 9 extra players and as many other of the new recruits as possible. Actually, the 2nd year of transition is pretty much a throw a way year also, so I think I would redshirt as many as possible that year also. Why not you can't get any bowl games or playoff spots. Might as well.

I think I would also play as many road games as I could stand during the transition also. Maybe set up some 2 for 1's if you could, or just play an extra $$$ game or two. It might be a tough sell for recruits though. That way you make as big a splash as possible your first year of 1A.

Do any Topper fans know anything about our contract with EKU? Ideally we would play EKU our first year of 1A at home and also that would end the contract. That may not be possible though.

Thanks for the info!