CSNbbs
Your Free Speech Rights are Under Assault! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+----- Forum: MAC Spin Room (/forum-487.html)
+----- Thread: Your Free Speech Rights are Under Assault! (/thread-156708.html)

Pages: 1 2

Your Free Speech Rights are Under Assault! - MileHighBronco - 04-26-2007 09:19 PM

Concurrent bills in the U.S. House and Senate may come to a vote soon and the result is that your thoughts, emotions and speech may become criminalized.

Termed the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007, S.B. 1105 and H.R. 1592 are actually amendments to Ch. 13 Title 18 U.S.C. Sec 245, which was a civil rights bill that was passed in 1969.

During the height of the civil rights movement, 'Title 18, U.S.C., Sec. 245' stipulated that no one could verbally '

- gobaseline - 04-26-2007 11:27 PM

Guess what I am thinking about regarding Rep. Commisar and Lifeguard Ted? :help:

- Endzone2 - 04-26-2007 11:51 PM

I really hope this is defeated. I wouldn't be able to call a homosexual a "homo" anymore on sports boards without being branded a hateful person and banned and arrested. Of course a lot of wacky liberals think I'm that way anyhow.

- MileHighBronco - 04-27-2007 01:47 PM

I hope it is defeated but wonder why we haven't heard about this legislation, as it would be a huge change and a dangerous precedent.

If it becomes law, I expect the first person that gets a harsh sentence will appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court. I expect it will not stand up and be deemed unconstitutional.

But still scary to me. Political correctness run amok and not just here..... 05-mafia

- Liam9903 - 04-27-2007 04:02 PM

You mean we won't be able to indiscrimenatly harass gay people? What are those elitest, liberals, thinking as they sit in their ivory towers? I for one don't know what I'll do now...maybe just be a decent human being.

- Liam9903 - 04-27-2007 04:03 PM

gobaseline Wrote:Guess what I am thinking about regarding Rep. Commisar and Lifeguard Ted? :help:

Something profound I am sure

- MileHighBronco - 04-27-2007 04:27 PM

Liam this isn't just about gay people. I could care less about that subject and I don't harass them. If you are going to pigeon hole somebody because their political beliefs may be different than yours, at least try and come up with something more than that lame response.

I thought you were thoughtful and intelligent.

This legislation is an attempt to stifle free speech and not just on the subject of gays/lesbians. That is only a starting point. It will creep if it becomes law.

Your response was very disappointing. People such as yourself love free speech, it seems, only when you agree with the viewpoint.

If there is a CRIME committed, it should be prosecuted. Emotions, thoughts, and speech is not a crime, regardless of how vile and reprehensible it may be. Increasing penalties to a federal Felony because of bad words or thoughts behind them is a bad idea.

What's next? The "thought police?" Think about it.

- moe24 - 04-27-2007 04:38 PM

^ Amen MHB. This legislation would make it a crime for a preacher to do nothing more then stand up for morality. It would make it a crime to speak your values. It would bring us the thought police, and I don't want to have anything to do with it.

- gobaseline - 04-27-2007 07:30 PM

Boxscore reads: Error Liam, fumbled one hopper.

Error Liam, over throw. Runners advance and the world is now safe! 05-footinmouth

- GRPunk - 04-28-2007 09:35 PM

Guys, I think Liam was referring to the asinine comments from endzone. But if you want to claim him as one of yours, have at it.

- gobaseline - 04-28-2007 09:38 PM

My teachers taught me that when someone uses my quote(s) they are referring to me.

That of course was before teacher unions. Back in the Ice Age. You know, predicted back in the mid 1970's.

- GRPunk - 04-28-2007 10:14 PM

So sorry GBL. I thought everybody was ripping into Liam for his comments toward zone's "homo" remark.

When will this wretched teacher ever learn? I mean it is always going to come back to the teachers' union when you respond to me, right? The bit is getting old.

- Endzone2 - 04-28-2007 10:37 PM

GRPunk Wrote:Guys, I think Liam was referring to the asinine comments from endzone. But if you want to claim him as one of yours, have at it.

Homo!

- GRPunk - 04-28-2007 11:00 PM

^Why am I not surprised at that?

- H2Oville Rocket - 04-29-2007 04:42 PM

GRPunk Wrote:^Why am I not surprised at that?

Because calling other people "homo" is what guys who are unsure about their gender identity do to convince others that they aren't gay themselves. And you, being an astute guy, know this. So you aren't surprised. ;-)

- Endzone2 - 04-30-2007 12:15 AM

H2Oville Rocket Wrote:
GRPunk Wrote:^Why am I not surprised at that?

Because calling other people "homo" is what guys who are unsure about their gender identity do to convince others that they aren't gay themselves. And you, being an astute guy, know this. So you aren't surprised. ;-)

Homo!

- GRPunk - 04-30-2007 03:43 PM

I think we may have found the arrohead of the Spin Room. rotflmao

- gobaseline - 04-30-2007 05:46 PM

2% or skim! 02-13-banana

- gobaseline - 04-30-2007 05:55 PM

GR, you know I LOVE teachers. I was one!

My beef, as you well know, is that many a public school teacher that has tenure can not be fired unless they commit a felony.

Their "tenure" is based on time in not on their ability to educate. Almost as worse is that good teachers only get paid based on their tenure, not their ability and effectiveness to educate.

It specifically is not fair to the kids that need that "gifted" teacher and to those teachers who are held back financially because of either their youth or limited time in the profession.

Clearly stated and it should be simply understood.

Feel free to copy this and move it to "American Teachers" if you want. :soapbox: lmfao

- Endzone2 - 04-30-2007 08:13 PM

If calling a homo a homo is "hate speech" then I guess calling a black guy a ****** will also be "hate speech". So, what happens when one black guy calls another black guy a ****** which they do about 50 times/day? Will it also be hate speech if one black guy calls another black guy that?

BTW, isn't "hate speech" protected under the 1st amendment of the constitution? Where are all you liberals on that? Somehow you libs have perverted the meaning on the 1st amendment to mean that local governments have to have no dealings with Christianity, and now you're trying to pervert the 1st amendment to mean you really can't voice your opinion about something if it's contrary to the liberal agenda? You guys are some piece of work I must say.