CSNbbs
the rutgers and imus thing is just too heavy for...... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+----- Forum: MAC Smack Talk (/forum-471.html)
+----- Thread: the rutgers and imus thing is just too heavy for...... (/thread-156144.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- connerito - 04-12-2007 01:10 PM

This thread had such great potential to go down the sewer and the great swirl begins !!!!

- Liam9903 - 04-12-2007 01:11 PM

NM

- H2Oville Rocket - 04-12-2007 01:15 PM

Liam9903 Wrote:You are just a complete racist scum bag.

And you aren't going to change him. I thought he was joking at first. I thought he HAD to be joking. I'm sure Miami fans are cringing at the avatar.

- connerito - 04-12-2007 01:22 PM

Liam9903 Wrote:Thank you for that constructive drop in. You are the conscience of this board there is no doubt.

de nada !!!!

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 01:25 PM

Liam9903 Wrote:First of all I have no idea where you are pulling that number from. You should probably provide a non wikopedia link to that "stat."I don't know exactly what constitutes the "black community," I assume you mean african americans everywhere in the United States, if I"m innacurate please correct me. I don't know if this is just with just one african american parent in the couple or two. I don't know what this definition of illegetimacy is. Is it unmarried parents, or a single parent. Does it count divorce after the child was born? I also have no idea what this has to do with Don Imus saying something mean to some basketball players?

70% of black kids are born to unmarried parents:
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/commentprint050100b.html

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 01:31 PM

H2Oville Rocket Wrote:
Liam9903 Wrote:You are just a complete racist scum bag.

And you aren't going to change him. I thought he was joking at first. I thought he HAD to be joking. I'm sure Miami fans are cringing at the avatar.

I got banned from the Miami board about 3 years ago by the likes of Mattsledge, DevilGrad and RedSteve. We were not permitted to say anything negative about blacks on that board either. To say anything negative about a black or black culture or to give statistics that are negative about black culture is to be instantly branded an insensitive racist bigot (the previous poster from Detroit is a fine example) and someone filled with hate that wears a sharp white hat. And hence the status quo in the black community continues. Blacks are not held accountable for their nonsense. I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me why those Rutgers girls have tats on their arms that kind of make them look like street ho's. I say it's because the black family has disentegrated so much that they don't get their values from their parents but from black cultural thugs at large.

- Liam9903 - 04-12-2007 01:33 PM

So you were off by more than 10% and nine years. Your attempts to save the black family by pointing out the thuggish look of tattoes is certainly a lonely crusade. I could point out that you have made no connection to single parent homes, tattos, and thugish behavior. You seem to be making a pretty big jump that these young ladies are indicative of a problem in the black community because they have tattoes. What if their black parents don't mind their tattoes? Then where does that leave you? Or maybe they have tattoes, only one parent, and still aren't thugs. Is that possible? I can't remember everything from my sociology class, but I don't seem to recall any evidence that tattoes=broken homes

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 01:39 PM

Liam9903 Wrote:so you were off by more than 10% and nine years. That will happen when you get your information through the filter of talk radio (probably).

You're evading the issue. You can do a Google search and find any number of sources that will confirm the numbers. And that survey I think was done in 2000. The rate may be higher now. The article did say that in inner city hoods it is closer to 80%.

So I'll try this again. Whose fault do you think it is that 70% of black children are born to unwed parents?

- Liam9903 - 04-12-2007 01:45 PM

The article quoted 1998 statistics and said it was 69% so you were off. That being said I would say that it is the responsability of one half of that 69%. Not the democrats in congress, not hip hop artists, not jesse jackson, and certainly not owners of tattoe parlors.

Now that I have answered your question. Perhaps you would be so kind as to tell me how this has anything to do with a radio shock jock making an ignorant and mean spirited remark to a group of student athletes that he knows nothing about?

- mattsledge - 04-12-2007 01:56 PM

Endzone2 Wrote:I got banned from the Miami board about 3 years ago by the likes of Mattsledge, DevilGrad and RedSteve. We were not permitted to say anything negative about blacks on that board either.
Let's refresh your memory, Craig: It had nothing to do with race.

It had everything to do with you being a *******.

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 01:58 PM

Liam9903 Wrote:The article quoted 1998 statistics and said it was 69% so you were off. That being said I would say that it is the responsability of one half of that 69%. Not the democrats in congress, not hip hop artists, not jesse jackson, and certainly not owners of tattoe parlors.

Now that I have answered your question. Perhaps you would be so kind as to tell me how this has anything to do with a radio shock jock making an ignorant and mean spirited remark to a group of student athletes that he knows nothing about?

I don't quite understand your answer. Are you saying that it's only the guy's or the girl's fault because they would not agree to getting married before they had the baby?

I don't think Imus made a mean spirited and/or ignorant remark about the Rutgers women's basketball team. I think Imus is capitulating. He is making a huge mistake. He is alienating the base that likes him because he is honest and he is maintaining the status quo that it is whitey's fault or "The Man's" whenever there is something said that blacks don't like.

Did you read the article by the fellow earlier in this thread where he said Imus was diverting attention away from the real issue and that is why blacks are one again dodging responsibility for problems in their culture?

- thechuck_2112 - 04-12-2007 02:10 PM

The dumb, it burns!

- Liam9903 - 04-12-2007 02:13 PM

If you consider the context in which Imus made his remarks, you would understand he wasn't in the midst of a deeper conversation about social issues. It was a cheap attempt at physical humor.

My answer to your question reflects my belief in personal responsability. We are all ultimately responsible for our own choices. If a couple has a child and aren't married that doesn't always mean its a one parent situation, if a couple with children gets divorced are those children illegitimate? The issues that you half assed try to raise are bigger than you realize, and completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

- georgia_tech_swagger - 04-12-2007 02:15 PM

Moved due to complaints and general asshattery.

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 02:21 PM

Moved where?

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 02:28 PM

Liam9903 Wrote:If you consider the context in which Imus made his remarks, you would understand he wasn't in the midst of a deeper conversation about social issues. It was a cheap attempt at physical humor.

My answer to your question reflects my belief in personal responsability. We are all ultimately responsible for our own choices. If a couple has a child and aren't married that doesn't always mean its a one parent situation, if a couple with children gets divorced are those children illegitimate? The issues that you half assed try to raise are bigger than you realize, and completely unrelated to the topic of this thread.

It doesn't matter. The social issue is what's important. Al & JJ couldn't care less if 50cent and snoop dog and other thugs call women ho's and *******. What's important is to maintain white guilt and keep the government spicket of affirmative action and entitlement coming their way. That's the only thing JJ & Al care about--especially their own personal bank accounts. Criticzing the blacks who use the same language doesn't work for them.

- Liam9903 - 04-12-2007 02:48 PM

You fail to connect the dots at any point on this. You don't like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, affirmative action, and various elements of what your precieve as black culture. What you have not done is made a case as to how Don Imus was in agreement with you on any of this. Or what his remarks have in common with yours. All you have done is make a series of inaccurate and racist comments, and thrown out blanket statements about people you don't like and made uneducated gusses as to their motivations.

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 04:04 PM

Liam9903 Wrote:You fail to connect the dots at any point on this. You don't like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, affirmative action, and various elements of what your precieve as black culture. What you have not done is made a case as to how Don Imus was in agreement with you on any of this. Or what his remarks have in common with yours. All you have done is make a series of inaccurate and racist comments, and thrown out blanket statements about people you don't like and made uneducated gusses as to their motivations.

No, mathmatics is an exact science as someone said. 70% is 70%. The problem is, you don't seem to want to accept it and you say the number should be reduced in half. You seem to have a problem accepting the reality of how bad things have become in the black community.

- Endzone2 - 04-12-2007 04:07 PM

thechuck_2112 Wrote:The dumb, it burns!

Chuck how the heck are you old boy? Do you miss the good ole days of the good football teams at Colerain and mother Miami? It sure ain't like that at Duke is it--I mean if you're a football fan.

Are you still going to become a lawyer? BTW, do you think those 3 guys at Duke raped her?

- Karl - 04-12-2007 04:22 PM

I got a PM alerting me to some really heated talk on the board, and came back to this thread (which hadn't read since the first day it appeared). I have to apologize for letting this one get to the point it did and for allowing it to continue. I'm going to lock it now.