CSNbbs
All Quiet...... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Akron (/forum-465.html)
+----- Thread: All Quiet...... (/thread-154820.html)

All Quiet...... - WallyB - 03-04-2007 10:30 PM

All quiet on the Eastern Front!! Earnest Borgnine would be proud!! 04-rock

- Kent 76 - 03-05-2007 09:56 AM

Ernest Borgnine? Everybody knows the best version of "All Quiet on the Western Front" was the first, with Lew Ayers!

- Zip81 - 03-05-2007 10:00 AM

Kent 76 Wrote:Ernest Borgnine? Everybody knows the best version of "All Quiet on the Western Front" was the first, with Lew Ayers!

I agree. The first one was classic.

I also enjoyed the Borgnine film too...with John Boy Walton!

- Kent 76 - 03-06-2007 08:31 AM

Zip81, fair enough. That remake was good, too. Ernest Borgnine was a fine, underappreciated actor (actually, I think he's still alive). I loved his work in "Marty", and in a much smaller film "Pay or Die". Also, in "From Here to Eternity". Well, I know we are far away from basketball. I hope that IF my Flashes don't win the MAC tourney, your Zips do, and represent the MAC well in the NCAA tournament. Team I would least like to see win: OU! HA!

- WallyB - 03-06-2007 08:59 AM

If he's alive, i believe he's doing voice-overs on SpongeBob now.

- Zip81 - 03-06-2007 11:25 AM

WallyB Wrote:If he's alive, i believe he's doing voice-overs on SpongeBob now.

He was Stella Stevens wife in the Posidon Adventure and that's enough for any man. ..if you know what I"m talking about. ;-)

- Zip81 - 03-06-2007 11:26 AM

Kent 76 Wrote:Zip81, fair enough. That remake was good, too. Ernest Borgnine was a fine, underappreciated actor (actually, I think he's still alive). I loved his work in "Marty", and in a much smaller film "Pay or Die". Also, in "From Here to Eternity". Well, I know we are far away from basketball. I hope that IF my Flashes don't win the MAC tourney, your Zips do, and represent the MAC well in the NCAA tournament. Team I would least like to see win: OU! HA!

That's awful nice of you 76.

But from past year's, one of the lower seeded teams usually steps up and knocks off one of the higher seeds...that makes me nervous.

I hope we do meet Friday...are you going?