CSNbbs
Old question - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: North Texas (/forum-303.html)
+----- Thread: Old question (/thread-15361.html)

- SwampHound - 02-17-2004 10:55 PM

I am sure you guys get tired of it being asked but I honestly do not remember ever hearing the answer.

When/are you guys starting a baseball team?

- untgeorge - 02-18-2004 08:54 AM

an even older answer.

a baseball stadium is in our long range facilities plan. Way down in the priority, but in the plan. No date is attached.

All we need is:
- the two or three million,or whatever, it would take to build the stadium
- the $500,000 plus per year it would take to operate a baseball program
- the $500,000 plus per year it would take to operate the women's sport we would have to start, to satisfy Title IX

In other words, it will be a while. Don't hold your breath.

- studentfan - 02-18-2004 10:14 AM

Gotta keep your hopes up, I'm sure the officials will come up with something to get it going in the future.

- SwampHound - 02-18-2004 04:54 PM

untgeorge Wrote:In other words, it will be a while. Don't hold your breath.
:frown: that stinks

- studentfan - 02-18-2004 11:59 PM

Like I said, you just have to hope something gets moving and it gets done.

- SwampHound - 02-19-2004 05:10 PM

untgeorge Wrote:an even older answer.

a baseball stadium is in our long range facilities plan. Way down in the priority, but in the plan. No date is attached.

All we need is:
- the two or three million,or whatever, it would take to build the stadium
- the $500,000 plus per year it would take to operate a baseball program
- the $500,000 plus per year it would take to operate the women's sport we would have to start, to satisfy Title IX

In other words, it will be a while. Don't hold your breath.
Thanks George.

- SwampHound - 02-21-2004 12:13 AM

Don't you guys have like 25,000 to 30,000 students? How about a 2 to 3 dollar fee added to help raise money to get this off the ground. I know you guys recently added softball.

- studentfan - 02-21-2004 12:20 AM

UL has added a couple of dollars to our fees to help with the athletic fund. And with the amount of students ya'll have it will be done in a year or two.

- NTGreen - 02-25-2004 02:34 PM

Honestly I wouldnt mind paying another fee despite our recent tuition hike due to the fact that the state no longer regulates it, however I'm sitting on the floor in one of my classes already do to overcrowding. I love baseball, but I'd like to see a new academic building before a baseball stadium. UNT uses 125% of its campus as it is.

- SwampHound - 02-25-2004 05:09 PM

NTGreen Wrote:Honestly I wouldnt mind paying another fee despite our recent tuition hike due to the fact that the state no longer regulates it, however I'm sitting on the floor in one of my classes already do to overcrowding. I love baseball, but I'd like to see a new academic building before a baseball stadium. UNT uses 125% of its campus as it is.
With all that money from the tuition hike you wold think they would/could do something about the overcrowding.

- untbowler - 02-26-2004 10:36 AM

Well it does not help that we have some of the most clueless administrators in the world and some of he most apathetic students in the country, thank good ness our new classes are getting more spirited and the sour pusses are getting kicked out on their ******. Hopefully some of the old school profs will be going soon also. :bang: