CSNbbs
Special Teams Depth Chart - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Louisiana Cajuns (/forum-293.html)
+----- Thread: Special Teams Depth Chart (/thread-14884.html)

- SwampHound - 03-21-2004 06:53 PM

Sorry to say I did not notice who was doing the punt returning (I did not see any kickoffs) but I imagine it was Jerrel Carter (he did it last year) I will check next time (I was too busy talking :D ) I did see Sean Comiskey handling the field goals (no suprise) and Mike Mayeux (transfer from Southern Miss) doing the punting. These are the two guys the P/K recruit Drew Edmiston will have to compete against in the fall. I believe he will redshirt unless his kickoffs are just amazing. (Why waste a year when both Comiskey and Mayeux will be juniors in the fall?) I also missed who was doing the deep snapping Saturday but on Monday I saw Venable doing it. Good thing I don't get paid to be a reporter :bang:

- studentfan - 03-21-2004 07:17 PM

At the recruiting bash they showed Edmiston's kickoffs going out of the endzone. So based on that I can't see why he couldn't come in and do the kickoffs, if he has that kind of leg. But I also see him redshirting and letting Comiskey and Mayeux handle all the duties to give Edmiston another year to get stronger and get better at it, b/c both of them will be seniors next year.

- SwampHound - 03-21-2004 07:22 PM

I meant Comiskey and Mayeux will be Juniors in the fall, they are sophomores now :D

- cajun066 - 03-21-2004 09:59 PM

I THINK THE COACHES ARE HOPING EDMINSTON CAN KICK-OFF. SEAN HAS SOME TROUBLE WITH KICK-OFFS. JUST REMEMBER KICKING OFF IN HIGH SCHOOL AND KICKING OFF IN COLLEGE IS ALLOT DIFFERENT. YOUR FIVE YARDS BACK AND THE BALL IS BIGGER AND NEWER. I HOPE CAN EDMINSTON COME IN AND KICK IT OUT OF THE ENDZONE!

- SwampHound - 03-21-2004 10:04 PM

cajun066 Wrote:I HOPE EDMINSTON COME IN AND KICK IT OUT OF THE ENDZONE!
I do too, that or Comiskey can get that area improved. That was his one weak area in an otherwise great season last year. Remember the Idaho game right before halftime. :rolleyes:

- studentfan - 03-21-2004 10:22 PM

Actually Comiskey came into UL in the first class under Bustle and wasn't redshirted, b/c he played every year so far. So actually he's going to be a junior this year. I think you see if Edmiston can kick it into the endzone on a college field and if he's only a little better than Comiskey then I think you sit him out a year, but if he's that much better then I think he starts next year doing the kickoffs. IMHO.

- cajun066 - 03-21-2004 10:27 PM

YES, COMISKY HAD A GREAT SEASON. SEAN IS A REALLY GREAT FIELD GOAL KICKER. ALLOT OF GUYS COME OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL WITH ALL-STATE HONORS AND COME TO COLLEGE AND CAN'T KICK FIELD GOALS OFF THE GROUND. SEAN CAME IN AS A TRUE FRESHMAN AND HAD GOOD SEASON THEN HAD A GREAT SEASON AS A SOPHMORE. HE IS GOING TO BE CLOSE TO PLAYING ON SUNDAYS IN A COUPLE OF YEARS IMO.