CSNbbs
Coach Roberts on stAte's Football Season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Arkansas State (/forum-299.html)
+----- Thread: Coach Roberts on stAte's Football Season (/thread-14225.html)

- badgerwolf - 07-17-2004 08:57 AM

The following was posted on the TG Board; Coach R spoke to a local civic group:

Man, this guy (Coach Roberts) is fun to listen to. It has been several months since I have heard him speak, and I forgot how much I have been missing the Touchdown Club meetings.

Some things he touched on:
1. He is very excited about the JC Quarterback coming in from California.
2. Brian Hicks has lost about 20 pounds and is quicker
3. Nick Noce had a very good spring practice.
4. The defense has only three returning starters and will probably start five redshirt freshmen. He thinks that this years defense, while young, will be more talented than last season's.
5. The wide receivers will be much improved and Stegall is much better.
6. 35 Players have been running at our practice facility in 105+ heat index temps for the past few weeks.
7. All of our running backs with the exception of Easley are healthy and improved.
8. Our football team had the highest GPA in the SBC last year, and the grades have improved this year.
9. DeAngelo Williams is the best individual player that we faced last season.
10. Media guides will be unveiled at the SBC meetings next week.
11. The offensive line will be young but talented. Tab Slaughter was mentioned as a key to success, because of his talent and his LEADERSHIP. Tanner Jenkins was mentioned as a very capable replacement if Tab can't go.

Call me cazy, but I think that we might upset a top 30 team this season!

After seeing the dismal CFN ratings, this gives me cause for hope 03-razz :D 03-cool

- SwampHound - 07-18-2004 08:55 AM

Coach Roberts reminds me of Coach Bustle in that he seems to have a way about him that gets the fans excited about football again. 04-cheers

- badgerwolf - 07-18-2004 09:03 AM

SwampHound Wrote:Coach Roberts reminds me of Coach Bustle in that he seems to have a way about him that gets the fans excited about football again. 04-cheers

Yeah, he can energize a crowd from what I have read; I have yet to meet him as I have not visited ASU since he was hired. I think this guy will take stAte back to football respectability; will it be this year???

:D :D :D

- DONALD P - 07-19-2004 09:05 AM

He can bring it back if given the chance. We all know it's difficult to win by prostituting ourselves out by playing the upper tier D-I teams.

That should change next year when we must have five 1-A home opponents. This will eliminate the 4,5,6 for one's & will hopefully allow us to play teams more on our level.

Coach Roberts must play the big boys while Dickey Nutt (baskeball coach) schedules Devry Institute & Phoenix Online. :mad:

- badgerwolf - 07-19-2004 09:25 AM

DONALD P Wrote:He can bring it back if given the chance. We all know it's difficult to win by prostituting ourselves out by playing the upper tier D-I teams.

That should change next year when we must have five 1-A home opponents. This will eliminate the 4,5,6 for one's & will hopefully allow us to play teams more on our level.

Coach Roberts must play the big boys while Dickey Nutt (baskeball coach) schedules Devry Institute & Phoenix Online. :mad:

Yeah, Coach R. has a difficult job while Dickey plays a pitiful schedule and still cannot win consistently! I hope that when Dickey's current contract expires that he will go away PERMANENTLY!!!
:bang:

- SwampHound - 07-19-2004 04:01 PM

badgerwolf Wrote:
DONALD P Wrote:He can bring it back if given the chance.  We all know it's difficult to win by prostituting ourselves out by playing the upper tier D-I teams.

That should change next year when we must have five 1-A home opponents.  This will eliminate the 4,5,6 for one's & will hopefully allow us to play teams more on our level.

Yeah, Coach R. has a difficult job while Dickey plays a pitiful schedule and still cannot win consistently! I hope that when Dickey's current contract expires that he will go away PERMANENTLY!!!
Maybe you all could investigate his resume' :D

- badgerwolf - 07-19-2004 04:59 PM

SwampHound Wrote:
badgerwolf Wrote:
DONALD P Wrote:He can bring it back if given the chance.  We all know it's difficult to win by prostituting ourselves out by playing the upper tier D-I teams.

That should change next year when we must have five 1-A home opponents.  This will eliminate the 4,5,6 for one's & will hopefully allow us to play teams more on our level.

Maybe you all could investigate his resume' :D

That is too funny, but it just might work. Between our schools we might be able to start a Cyp-gate thang :D