CSNbbs
SBC stadiums - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: SBC stadiums (/thread-14199.html)

Pages: 1 2

- GeForce2 - 07-23-2004 11:18 AM

Which do you all consider the best stadium in the Sun Belt?

- Tuffguy20 - 07-23-2004 12:25 PM

By FAR, Troys Stadium is the best.

Tuffguy

- CAJUNNATION - 07-23-2004 12:55 PM

1) Troy

2) MT

3) Everyone else.

However, in a few years, Cajun Field will be a gem.

Also, if FAU builds that retractable roof stadium, that will be hard to beat.

- MaXx - 07-23-2004 01:10 PM

I haven't been to any other than FIU's and FAU's, but from the pictures i've seen and games i've seen on TV. I have to give the heads up to Troy's stadium. In fact, it's rumored that FIU is looking at Troy's stadium as a model for the new one that will be built here.

Also, just to clear things up, FAU is going for a domed stadium, not a retractable roof stadium. A retractable roof would cost way too much.

- ARod - 07-23-2004 01:11 PM

CAJUNNATION Wrote:1) Troy

2) MT

3) Everyone else.

I don't think it will be a retractable roof for FAU. They are leaning more towards a domed stadium. They are looking to build something similar to Syracuse's "Carrier Dome". The old folks in Boca Raton won't stand for that noise.
And I agree, it will be nice.

But my vote has to currently go to Troy St.

In the near future, I think a lot of the other schools' stadiums will be able to measure up. 03-cool

- kalca - 07-23-2004 01:38 PM

ARod Wrote:The old folks in Boca Raton won't stand for that noise.
And I agree, it will be nice.
That is the truth! They are still fighting the original open air outdoor stadium proposal!
The quiet word around Boca is that the boosters will make the Dome will happen sooner rather than later.

I saw Troy two years ago but I haven't seen their new one yet. MTSU have a nice stadium.

I know the thread is for the current stadiums but both FAU and FIU should good looking stadiums real soon too.

- arkstfan - 07-23-2004 02:30 PM

2) MT

3) Everyone else.

Nah

Agree with the first two but of the schools currently I-A UNT is clearly last with ULM ahead of them. Cajun Field and Indian Stadium are better than Fouts and Malone. Ranking one of the other is just a matter of preference based on what you think is important. I like the horseshoe look of Cajun Field which has a bigger time look to it than Indian Stadium's sideline and end zone seating arrangement (no corner seats). From a seating standpoint Indian Stadium doesn't have corner seating which tends to be lousy seats. MT's stadium isn't far ahead of those two.

Obviously FIU and FAU have stadium issues.

- The Knight Time - 07-23-2004 02:38 PM

How about some pictures of these stadiums?

- greeneagletrav - 07-23-2004 02:40 PM

As of right now... the worst stadium will have to be Idaho... but after they are gone.. the worst stadium has to be UNT....

the best stadium... i dunno... i like NMSU stadium... outside of them i don't know who i would say.. i guess i really don't know much about the others... pics would be nice...

- kalca - 07-23-2004 03:13 PM

Here's a link to some of the USA stadiums. They are all not current but it will give some insight.

<a href='http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_america/countries/united_states.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.worldstadiums.com/north_america...ed_states.shtml</a>

- Cajunman02 - 07-23-2004 03:22 PM

Since some have asked, I went out and found some pics of the stadiums. Some aren't great pictures, but were all I could find.

FAU's "Lockhart Stadium"

[Image: fort_lauderdale_lockhart.jpg]

UL Cajuns "Cajun Field"

[Image: lafayette_cajun.jpg]

UL Indians "Malone Stadium"

[Image: malone-stadium-footbl.jpg]

MT's "Floyd Stadium"

[Image: pic3428.jpg]

UNT's "Fouts Field"

[Image: denton_fouts.jpg]

If anyone can find decent pictures of ASU, NMSU, Troy, and USU's stadiums, that would be great! Also, if you have better pictures than the ones I found, go ahead and post them!

- MaXx - 07-23-2004 04:07 PM

Don't forget FIU's:

[Image: stadium_lg.gif]

- CAJUNNATION - 07-23-2004 04:18 PM

arkstfan Wrote:

2) MT

3) Everyone else.

Nah

Agree with the first two but of the schools currently I-A UNT is clearly last with ULM ahead of them. Cajun Field and Indian Stadium are better than Fouts and Malone. Ranking one of the other is just a matter of preference based on what you think is important. I like the horseshoe look of Cajun Field which has a bigger time look to it than Indian Stadium's sideline and end zone seating arrangement (no corner seats). From a seating standpoint Indian Stadium doesn't have corner seating which tends to be lousy seats. MT's stadium isn't far ahead of those two.

Obviously FIU and FAU have stadium issues.
From the picture that was posted on this thread, it looks like Cajun Field is a horseshoe. It is an enclosed bowl stadium. From the outside, all you see is the upper deck. The first level of seating is UNDERGROUND. Hence the name, "The Swamp" .

Upon entering Cajun Field from the locker room tunnel, the players see a sign which reads, "Welcome to The Swamp. You are now 2 feet below sea level."

Certain refurbishments and beatifications are being done right now, but the major additions are in the works, most notably are the Skyboxes on the East side. Also, when the time comes, seating will be added to the end zones. The final capacity will be about 50,000 or so.

Before the skyboxes and the end zone seating, we've got a multi-purpose indoor facility to build. Groundbreaking weeks away.

- CaliforniaCajun - 07-23-2004 04:29 PM

I take Cajun Field because it has the most growth potential and uniformity. If the student side had an upper deck I think it would be the concensus choice. The upper deck on the press box side puts fans close to the action because it hangs over the lower deck.

The latest estimates I heard is that the student side upper deck would cost about $46 million and filling in the end zones would cost about $6 million.

- Trojans1andAll - 07-23-2004 05:19 PM

Here is a link to the final pictures from the construction of Troy's Movie Gallery Stadium. Four pages of pictures from different angles and a few shots of the stadium club level and the luxury suites.

<a href='http://www.troystate.com/construction/fb/index.htm' target='_blank'>MGVS Pictures</a>

Here are a few more.

<a href='http://www.gotroystate.com/mgvs.html' target='_blank'>More Troy pics</a>

GO TROJANS!

- CAJUNNATION - 07-23-2004 06:54 PM

CaliforniaCajun Wrote:I take Cajun Field because it has the most growth potential and uniformity. If the student side had an upper deck I think it would be the concensus choice. The upper deck on the press box side puts fans close to the action because it hangs over the lower deck.

The latest estimates I heard is that the student side upper deck would cost about $46 million and filling in the end zones would cost about $6 million.
Cali, from what i'm hearing, it won't be a true upper deck on the East side but a row of skyboxes for the fat cats to have their parties. That's fine with me.

- CAJUNNATION - 07-23-2004 07:55 PM

Here is another picture of The Swamp

<a href='http://community-2.webtv.net/TJPOTIER/TJPCajunFanRagin/' target='_blank'>http://community-2.webtv.net/TJPOTIER/TJPC...PCajunFanRagin/</a>

- kalca - 07-23-2004 11:05 PM

If it would help, I posted the link to multiple stadiums earlier in the thread around 3PM.

NMSU

[Image: las_cruces_aggie_memorial.jpg]

ASU
[Image: jonesboro_indian.jpg]

USU..is that Utah State Aggies? If yes...
[Image: logan_romney.jpg]

- The Knight Time - 07-24-2004 10:51 PM

My vote goes to the Cajuns and Trojans. My only beef with Troy's stadium is that the endzone with no seats is really bare and boring. But, it's minor.

The worst stadium goes to FIU and UL-Indians.

My biggest suprise has to be UNT. For being such a good football program, they have a very boring and mediocre football stadium. It's not bad, just not very good.

- Trojans1andAll - 07-25-2004 02:36 AM

The Knight Time Wrote:My vote goes to the Cajuns and Trojans. My only beef with Troy's stadium is that the endzone with no seats is really bare and boring. But, it's minor.
All things in due time. We have room left to expand to at least 55,000 but we know we have no need for it at this time. It will probably happen if/when we expand again.

As it is, we are very proud of Movie Gallery Stadium and we can't wait to host the Sun Belt teams and I hope even UCF again one day.

GO TROJANS!