CSNbbs
Turf Situation - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Akron (/forum-465.html)
+----- Thread: Turf Situation (/thread-131701.html)

- ElusiveQB - 07-27-2003 03:04 PM

I haven't been by the Bowl in a while, does anybody know how the process is coming? Is the turf almost ready? Need the info! :)

- zips fan 5 - 07-27-2003 10:13 PM

i have not seen the new turf but i did see them tearing out the old turf on their website!

i hope that this new turf looks sweet

cannot wait to see it

:D :D :D :D :D

- ElusiveQB - 07-27-2003 10:17 PM

It will be very nice - although it'd be a lot nicer in an on-campus stadium, ya know what I'm saying?? 04-rock

- zips fan 5 - 07-31-2003 03:46 PM

that would be nice because the rubber bowl is out in no man land i think it would be better if it was on campuse but where are they going to find room

it took an arm and a leg to find room for the new indoor football feild and rec center

go zips go

- ZippyRulz - 07-31-2003 11:08 PM

AkronObsessed Wrote:I haven't been by the Bowl in a while, does anybody know how the process is coming?  Is the turf almost ready?  Need the info! :)
I swung by the RB on Tue. and the field is still in the "stripped" state. I thought by now they would be installing the new turf but not yet. Maybe they were waiting for the Nat'l. Soap Box Derby to be finished before they truck the new materials in. Oh well, they can't wait too much longer...practice starts soon and game 1 is only 4 weeks away.

BTW, which fields were the Packers using? The ones out by the bowl? I wonder if they realize the Zips are coming up there to Wisc. to lay a huge surprise on the Badgers! 04-rock

- ElusiveQB - 08-01-2003 11:19 AM

Yep, they were using the practice fields up by the Bowl!