CSNbbs
AL Franken - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+----- Forum: MAC Smack Talk (/forum-471.html)
+----- Thread: AL Franken (/thread-128236.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Kit-Cat - 01-12-2004 05:03 PM

ATHENS, Ohio -- Actor, writer, comedian and political satirist Al Franken will speak at Ohio University during Dads Weekend on Saturday, Jan. 17. The program, presented by the University Program Council (UPC) and College Democrats, will begin at 8 p.m. in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium.

<a href='http://www.ohio.edu/outlook/113n-034.cfm' target='_blank'>http://www.ohio.edu/outlook/113n-034.cfm</a>

- exCincy Kid - 01-12-2004 05:56 PM

Maybe Oddy and MAKO can attend, and prove that Toledo and Herd fans can peacefully co-exist and maybe even find some common ground upon which to agree on. :D

- Chris from WV - 01-15-2004 09:12 AM

I don't believe there are any liberal Herd fans?

Marshall is fair and balanced. 03-lol

- SON OF CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-15-2004 09:20 AM

Chris from WV Wrote:I don't believe there are any liberal Herd fans?
Oh, I don't know, ask the goats. :D

- Big Dog - 01-15-2004 12:13 PM

Two types of people vote republican - The Stupid and the Rich. The stupid don't realize that they are being screwed and the rich love screwing. Under which category do you think that most Marshall fans belong?

- forphase1 - 01-15-2004 12:16 PM

I think...therefore I vote Republican.

- Rebel - 01-15-2004 12:16 PM

Big Dog Wrote:

Two types of people vote republican - The Stupid and the Rich. The stupid don't realize that they are being screwed and the rich love screwing. Under which category do you think that most Marshall fans belong?
....and that is your opinion. I shall file it away for you... :john:

- Big Dog - 01-15-2004 12:22 PM

I hear that Bush wants to send people to the Moon and then to Mars. It turns out that Dick Cheney has him convinced that The Man of the Moon and those crazy Martians have conspired and have created a vast underground stockpile of WMD's.

- Big Dog - 01-15-2004 12:25 PM

RebelKev Wrote:
Big Dog Wrote:

....and that is your opinion. I shall file it away for you... :john:
With a name like Rebel, I'll go ahead and mark you down into the "stupid" category.

- Rebel - 01-15-2004 12:27 PM

Big Dog Wrote:I hear that Bush wants to send people to the Moon and then to Mars. It turns out that Dick Cheney has him convinced that The Man of the Moon and those crazy Martians have conspired and have created a vast underground stockpile of WMD's.
I'm not a Republican but I don't like generalizations either. People like you call Condy Rice and Colin Powell "House Negroes" because they disagree with the DNC. I think that is rather unfair to think that black people are incapable of thinking for themselves and if they do "switch sides" they are somehow less intelligent and duped. I haven't seen the DNC really do anything about the country's problems in the 40 years they controlled the US, to include poverty, education, and race relations. Remember, Lincoln was a Republican and the Republican party was founded for the sole intention of abolition. The Civil Right's act of '64 was also almost blocked by Southern Democrats.

......sorry everyone else, I know this is a football forum.

- Rebel - 01-15-2004 12:28 PM

Big Dog Wrote:With a name like Rebel, I'll go ahead and mark you down into the "stupid" category.
OMG, now I can't go on the rest of the day thinking you insulted me. :rolleyes:

- Big Dog - 01-15-2004 12:31 PM

Note that my posts were jokes. I don't know you. IMO - Everything opinion and everyone do not need to fall into the two categories of Republican or Democrat. I will take umbrage with the idea that the country hasn't progressed in the last 40 years. That too must have just been a joke.

- Rebel - 01-15-2004 12:38 PM

You are getting veryyyyyy sleepy Big Dog.......Veryyyyyy sleepy.......verrryyyyyyy sllleeeeppppppyyyyy.....when I snap my fingers......you'll be a Republican:

[Image: aas.gif]

- HuronDave - 01-15-2004 12:44 PM

Admins: How about moving this thread to the smack board?

- axeme - 01-15-2004 12:49 PM

Done.

- TJRocket - 01-15-2004 01:06 PM

The smack board? Shouldn't this have gone to the Spin room?

- HuskieDan - 01-15-2004 01:08 PM

RebelKev Wrote:I'm not a Republican but I don't like generalizations either. People like you call Condy Rice and Colin Powell "House Negroes" because they disagree with the DNC.
So, do you not like generalizations, or do you simply not like them when they're not convenient for you? :rolleyes:

- axeme - 01-15-2004 01:57 PM

TJRocket Wrote:The smack board? Shouldn't this have gone to the Spin room?
Yes, it should. But that's not a mod's option in MACbbs--has to stay on the MAC board.

- paladin1aa - 01-15-2004 02:36 PM

Al Franken!! Thats a refreshing change from the " fair and balanced " drivel. Looking for WMD's, watching corporate free markets at work ( ENRON, HALLIBURTON, WorldCom,etc. ) and checking everyone's bedroom to make sure they are using the " RIGHT equipment in the RIGHT hole with the RIGHT sex. Thats what I like about the RIGHT!!

- HuskieDan - 01-15-2004 03:58 PM

paladin1aa Wrote:Al Franken!! Thats a refreshing change from the " fair and balanced " drivel. Looking for WMD's, watching corporate free markets at work ( ENRON, HALLIBURTON, WorldCom,etc. ) and checking everyone's bedroom to make sure they are using the " RIGHT equipment in the RIGHT hole with the RIGHT sex. Thats what I like about the RIGHT!!
I'm ambidextrous in certain arenas.... :D