CSNbbs
High hopes? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Georgia Southern (/forum-60.html)
+----- Thread: High hopes? (/thread-12740.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Phoenix Rising - 01-20-2003 04:41 PM

Are any of the GaSou fans thinking that they have a shot at the big dance this year? From what I've seen they are looking good and I know Appy State is always good. Who else has a decent shot at winning the conference.

- Catamount Cooter - 01-20-2003 08:03 PM

The Mocs are looking good this year as well. GO CATS!!

- gasoutherneagle - 01-20-2003 09:14 PM

The Eagles are still a little shakey in hoops. They play sloppy ball with flashes of talented play. I don't think GSU has the stuff this year to make it to the dance. They need some more priming.

- BigGuy - 01-21-2003 11:57 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Its so funny to think you guys are actually thinking about making the big dance. Stick to what you know best(football) and leave the basketball to us(ETSU). :laugh:

- gasoutherneagle - 01-21-2003 04:11 PM

BigGuy Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Its so funny to think you guys are actually thinking about making the big dance. Stick to what you know best(football) and leave the basketball to us(ETSU). :laugh:
1) Big Idiot, I never said that we had the stuff to make it to the tourney. :stupid: As a matter of fact I seem to recall saying quite the contrary in the above post, so don't come over here starting crap... that is what the smack talk board is for.

2) I couldn't care less about hoops than I do now, but if you wanna start talkin' smack I'll be happy to cut you back down to size.

3) Stick with what you know best (any sport BUT football) and leave to TITLES (6 of them) to us (GSU).

:rolleyes:

- gasoutherneagle - 01-21-2003 04:19 PM

OH, and btw:

GSU (3-1) 10-5
ETSU (4-1) 10-6

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>With that record, where do you get off talkin' smack about the Eagles anyway?!?!?</span></span> :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

- techfan4 - 01-21-2003 04:25 PM

FWIW...

ETSU is 135th in the RPI rankings
GASouthern is 207th

- gasoutherneagle - 01-21-2003 05:21 PM

Not that Techy meant this... but, when your ranking is below the top 50 or 60 WHO THE HELL GIVES A DAMN? 04-cheers :laugh:

- APPSWIN - 01-21-2003 08:48 PM

App State all the way!!! We have a young team that is starting to come together but its a long way from over. It should be fun.

But, can't wait until football season starts back.

- gasoutherneagle - 01-21-2003 08:50 PM

You said a mouthful there, brother.

I'm already having football withdrawls. 04-drinky

- BigGuy - 01-21-2003 10:24 PM

Good thing you guys have football or there would be tears all year long. Wait til you get to the heart of your schedule. Don't even try to compare us to you in bball. It's like comparing apples and oranges. See it's gotta suck to lose to the citadel, but we wouldn't know anything about that. Leave the ballin' to us. You gonna get killed!!! 03-puke

- gasoutherneagle - 01-21-2003 10:58 PM

DON'T WORRY... you can have it! :rolleyes:

See you in the Fall... for YOUR whippin' :ninja:

...well when baseball starts up, we'll be wipin' up the field with you there too. :laugh:

<!--EDIT|gasoutherneagle|Jan 22 2003, 04:05 AM-->

- georgia_tech_swagger - 01-21-2003 11:02 PM

gasoutherneagle Wrote:See you in the Fall... for YOUR whippin' :ninja:
:: insert video clip of Evander Hollyfield yelling "Charlie! Charlie! Charlie, come on out and get ya whoopin'!!" from the ESPN Sportscenter commercial ::

- BigGuy - 01-21-2003 11:29 PM

Kind of like you did last year in baseball huh? C'mon, face it, you're nothing but football and you couldn't even do that right this year.

- Phoenix Rising - 01-22-2003 01:35 AM

APPSWIN Wrote:App State all the way!!! We have a young team that is starting to come together but its a long way from over. It should be fun.

But, can't wait until football season starts back.
Didn't the Apps make it to the dance last year?

- gasoutherneagle - 01-22-2003 07:41 AM

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote::: insert video clip of Evander Hollyfield yelling "Charlie! Charlie! Charlie, come on out and get ya whoopin'!!" from the ESPN Sportscenter commercial ::
I LOVED THAT DAMN COMMERCIAL!!! :laugh:

Isn't Buzz in that clip.

BigGuy, I just don't understand how you can call getting to the semi finals with a new coach, new QB and no Adrian Peterson a failure. Please explain that to me. 03-confused By the way you're stumbling back into a sport ETSU knows little about...move back into the light. 05-nono

As for last baseball season, your right. But, all I can say there is, wait and see. 04-cheers

- BigGuy - 01-22-2003 08:47 AM

Because you didn't win. All the great teams never call their season a success unless they win it all. Tampa Bay has already said they will have accomplished nothing if they don't win the super bowl. You know I heard a great quote before. I think it applies to you. "Winning a championship in 1-AA ball is like win a gold medal in the special olympics." There ya go.

- gasoutherneagle - 01-22-2003 10:40 AM

BigGuy Wrote:Because you didn't win. All the great teams never call their season a success unless they win it all. Tampa Bay has already said they will have accomplished nothing if they don't win the super bowl. You know I heard a great quote before. I think it applies to you. "Winning a championship in 1-AA ball is like win a gold medal in the special olympics." There ya go.
UMMM... We did win... 11 times last season.

With the changes made last season... the playoffs were the goal.

As for the special olympics comment... YOU play in 1-AA, and haven't won sh--! What does that make you? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

- Catamount Cooter - 01-22-2003 03:39 PM

Children, children! 05-nono BTW Big guy, how's the tailgate scene at the civic center, uh, I mean mini-me dome? :D All jokes aside, I've heard y'all have a pretty good tailgate scene in Johnson City. Can't wait! GO CATS!!

- savannaheaglegurl - 01-23-2003 04:24 PM

BigGuy Wrote:Because you didn't win. All the great teams never call their season a success unless they win it all. Tampa Bay has already said they will have accomplished nothing if they don't win the super bowl. You know I heard a great quote before. I think it applies to you. "Winning a championship in 1-AA ball is like win a gold medal in the special olympics." There ya go.
You really need to work on your smack talk. My 7 yr old nephew knows more about the socon than you do, mr. special olympic contestant. :bang: