CSNbbs
App gets key win - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Appalachian State (/forum-96.html)
+----- Thread: App gets key win (/thread-12634.html)

- goapps - 02-18-2003 09:20 PM

Big win for the Mountaineers tonight at Wofford, 76-72. Shawn Hall iced the game down the stretch by hitting three of four free throws in the final minute. This game really worried me, because Wofford has given teams fits this year. In fact, this is the first game Wofford lost after leading at the half (34-31).

Gut-check win for Appalachian. Now it's time for payback against Davidson. The Wildcats are going to beat GSU tonight, and ETSU came from behind to nip UNC-G.

One game lead with three to go.

04-bow

- Catamount Cooter - 02-18-2003 09:31 PM

Congrats. I thought we looked halfway decent against CofC last night, but, alas, we just CANNOT seem to put two good games back to back this season. Oh well, c'est la vie! GO CATS!!

<!--EDIT|Catamount Cooter|Feb 19 2003, 02:38 AM-->

- SoCon1ASU71 - 02-19-2003 12:09 AM

Man, ETSU came from waaay behind and in the FlemGymn to boot. Dread playing the Bucs over there. If we have a lapse or two, it could be hideous.
The Davidson game could be awesome. Hopefully we'll get back to shooting well like we did early in the season., GoApps. Like to see about 5K there.
CCooter, the Cougs are evidently the real deal this year so don't feel bad about not beating them. Arrogant College of Chuckletown, fans but a good team for sure.

- Catamount Cooter - 02-19-2003 05:17 PM

Good luck against Davidson. ETSU visits us Saturday, and they aren't to be taken lightly! RALLY AT THE RAC! GO CATS!! 04-cheers

- Lowcountry App - 02-19-2003 11:25 PM

CCooter, I'll be pulling for you guys Saturday to knock off the Bucs. An ETSU loss would certainly help us. Good luck! Of course, we have to take care of business with Davidson.

- SoCon1ASU71 - 02-20-2003 01:30 PM

Surprised to see the G-ET game so close. Wonder if that means G is improving that much or if ET is slipping a tad with Tyrant in "angry" management?