CSNbbs
Ahhhh, I had a great time.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: The Citadel (/forum-273.html)
+----- Thread: Ahhhh, I had a great time.... (/thread-12522.html)

- 1st and Goal - 06-25-2003 10:49 AM

[Image: espn0623opt.jpg]

- Galactus - 06-25-2003 11:20 AM

Yeah, that pre-game show was great to see. Too bad our team looked so lousy. We just never could match Florida's speed.....they were the one team that really pulverized us that year. As good as our defense was, they were still lacking the speed element needed to put pressure on Grossman and stay with the receivers. Grossman had all day to throw and he sliced us and diced us.

We also have an annoying habit of getting our opponents more fired up than our own team. Billy Brice is a nice stadium, but it's just not an intimidating place to play.

Hopefully, the ESPN pre-game gang will be back one day for a better game.

- 1st and Goal - 06-25-2003 11:34 AM

Galactus Wrote:We also have an annoying habit of getting our opponents more fired up than our own team. Billy Brice is a nice stadium, but it's just not an intimidating place to play.
I has been and can be again. Our guys just need to give us something to yell and scream about (cheer).

I yelled and screamed for other reasons last year. 03-wink

- Gamecock Jay - 06-25-2003 11:59 AM

Well the Brice was rockin when we went up by 7 in that game. After that it was ugly,very ugly. I firmly believe that UF could have beat us by 80 that game. Spurrier let up and we still could not stop them.

- Le Coq Sportif - 06-25-2003 01:02 PM

Can't believe that was a year and a half ago already!

Was that morning the high water mark in your career as a Gamecock fan? I think it might've been for me.

- 1st and Goal - 06-25-2003 01:10 PM

Le Coq Sportif Wrote:Can't believe that was a year and a half ago already!

Was that morning the high water mark in your career as a Gamecock fan? I think it might've been for me.
For me, it's right up there with the UT win 10 or so years ago.

As far as pregame activities, it is BY FAR the high water mark and if any of you ever see my tailgates, you would know that is saying alot.

BTW, you are all invited :D

- 1st and Goal - 06-25-2003 01:39 PM

oops 04-drinky

- Le Coq Sportif - 06-25-2003 01:58 PM

1st and Goal Wrote:BTW, you are all invited :D
You sure you don't want to go back and edit that? :D

- Galactus - 06-27-2003 11:23 AM

Spurrier DID let up and I will never forget that. Spurrier has a lot more class than he's often given credit for. I like him. He tells it like it is (no BS like some other coaches in the same state I know.......AND their offspring!!).....and that's what people really don't like about him.

- Le Coq Sportif - 06-27-2003 11:57 AM

Galactus Wrote:(no BS like some other coaches in the same state I know.......AND their offspring!!)
AND his former offensive coordinators....who are "like a son" to him....who have the initials "B.S." coinkidinkally enough.