CSNbbs
Keith Butler - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Temple (/forum-482.html)
+----- Thread: Keith Butler (/thread-115350.html)

- Gang Green - 07-23-2005 08:36 AM

philly inquirer:

Owl Butler exits, seeks a transfer

The 7-foot center was a three-year starter who had not lived up to the team's expectations.

By Kevin Tatum

Inquirer Staff Writer

Temple basketball player Keith Butler, an underachiever who was much heralded when he came to the Owls, has left the university and is looking to transfer with one year of eligibility remaining.

Butler, a 7-foot center who recently completed a summer-school course, was a three-year starter for Temple. He averaged 4.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game as a junior last season, playing in all 30 games and making 20 starts.

"He just came in one day last week and sat down, and we talked about how he was doing," Temple coach John Chaney said last night.

"He mentioned to us he wasn't coming back in September. The reason? I didn't question him. It was a situation I didn't understand. I was really surprised."

Often in foul trouble, Butler averaged 20.8 minutes per contest while hitting 47.4 percent of his shots from the field and 71.8 percent from the foul line. He led the team with 39 blocked shots.

A native of West Medford, Mass., Butler scored 385 points and grabbed 476 rebounds at Temple. Chaney said Temple had not been contacted by any schools regarding Butler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- emu steve - 07-23-2005 10:27 AM

Tell him to contact Charles Ramsey, EMU basketball office.

We have a scholarship to give and will have a huge hole at center after John Bowler finishes up in March.

- templefan1 - 07-23-2005 11:38 AM

Ok, sure thing, but are you sure you want a 7ft lazy kid who lost the respect of his former teamates?

- NIUbro - 08-15-2005 10:38 AM

Is this the guy that DePaul just signed?

- coolhandred - 08-15-2005 03:44 PM

Keith Butler is the slowest, laziest, most unconditioned D-1 basketball player I have personally watch play in the past 35 years.

When he was recruited to Temple I thought he was going to be a real force in the middle. NOT!!! This young man has no stamina, will not get in condition, can not jump, does not rebound and is constantly in foul trouble.

Yeah, he is going to DePaul. So what. At least I won't have to watch his poor play for the Cherry & White another year.