BlazerTalk.com strives to maintain a loose, laid back environment. However, with the increase in traffic comes an increased potential of troublemakers making an unwanted appearance. This AUP and some of the catch-all rules it has is a necessary evil to formally deal with these troublemakers. Changes to the AUP occur infrequently, however, you are responsible for monitoring the AUP for any updates. By posting on this site, you agree to abide by the site guidelines and general rules set forth below.
This AUP is pinned atop the BlazerTalk boards. If you post elsewhere as well, then in addition, you must adhere to the policies of the CSNbbs Global AUP (some of which overlap the AACbbs, MT.ORG, SunBeltbbs, and C-USA AUPs).
*** Enforcement of this AUP is at the discretion of the moderators and administrators of BlazerTalk.com. If a complaint is made, this AUP will be consulted to determine whether a warning should or will be issued, including further disciplinary action or even termination of account privileges (possibly without prior warning). At any time, the administration of BlazerTalk.com has the right to use their sole discretion when making decisions about posts that are 1) deemed inappropriate, and/or 2) perceived to incite people in a negative (or distasteful) way. ***
Posting copyrighted material without the permission of the author/owner is unacceptable. BlazerTalk.com is not liable for any content you post, and can be forced to turnover information about you should a copyright holder subpoena BlazerTalk.com or CSNbbs for infringing posts you have made. Short excerpts as permitted under the fair use doctrine are acceptable provided a valid link to the full copyrighted material is included with the excerpt.
Copyright holders or people who are otherwise claiming illegal posts were made can request immediate post removal by sending a Private Message (PM) to AttallaBlaze and putting "Copyright Issue" in the subject line, or using the "Report a Post" option available for any post. The post will be removed as soon as possible. If the post is not removed within 1 hour, please send a Private Message (PM) to another board moderator as one of us is generally online at most times of the day.
INAPPROPRIATE SCREEN NAMES
The use of a real individual's name by anyone other than that individual is not allowed. Screen names that include or refer to vulgar language or illegal activities are strictly prohibited. Once identified, the inappropriate screen name will be banned from all BlazerTalk related forums.
Note: If you have a problem with a poster's avatar/signature and it is not deemed in violation of any of the rules below, please go to your Profile and disable the viewing of avatars/signatures. If they are not in violation of the rules, the individual will not be asked to remove the signature or avatar in question. If you have small children and don't want them to see certain things, then you should definitely disable avatars/signatures. Every forum is AT LEAST rated PG, which may be too graphic for those under the age of 12.
1) If you are a visiting fan to the BlazerTalk.com forums, we welcome you. We invite you to post in any forum available to you, and we want your experience here to be a positive one. We enjoy interaction with fans of other teams. Please remember you are a GUEST here. If your posts (intended or not) tend to lean toward unacceptable bashing of BlazerTalk.com posters, UAB fans in general, UAB athletes or coaches, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, or the city of Birmingham or of the Birmingham-Hoover metro area, your posts will be moved to the Smack Forum. For repeat offenders, we may restrict your access to our Smack forum only, or we may disable your account altogether. Repeat offenders will be on a very short leash.
2) Any personal attack on other posters, school administration, and/or student athletes is subject to immediate removal without notice.
3) Cyber bullying, Cyber Stalking and extreme mocking of other posters will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with or an extreme dislike of another poster, either ignore that user or be civil. This is not a school playground and juvenile bickering, mocking, accusatory or suggestive statements and/or backhanded dialogue is neither cute, nor funny and will be subject to having your posts unapproved by the mods.
4) Spamming is not tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, links or pictures in board names, avatars, signatures, and posts. Repeated offenses can lead to the offending ISP/Host contacted or litigation in accordance with federal anti-spam laws.
5) Every open public forum has a rating to determine the general acceptable content on each forum.
*The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum - Rated PG Discuss everything related to the UAB Blazers Athletics. Named in the honor of the father of UAB Athletics, Gene Bartow. Any post that does not deal with the Blazers, former Blazers, Conference USA (and teams), the NCAA, or meaningful talk about our out-of-conference opponents *MAY* be moved to a more appropriate forum at moderator/admin discretion.
*BlazerTalk Bar & Grill - Rated PG-13 . For informational posts regarding non-sports related topics that aren't covered by the other forums here. Local weather, city/state/national/world news, music, movies, TV, radio, internet, dogs, cats, restaurants, life, etc.
*BlazerTalk Political Forum - Rated R Please put all topics related to politics and social issues in here instead of on our main forum. If you express a difference of opinion, be prepared to face some wrath. You have been warned. Bottom-line, if you can't take the heat, STAY OUT!
*UAB Smack Forum - Rated NC-17 Almost anything goes in here. Can't handle it? Stay out! Smackers/Flamers... take your BEST shot, but beware... some here can give as good as they can get.
*UAB Recruiting Forum - Rated PG For informational posts and discussions of Blazer recruiting efforts.
*BlazerTalk Media Center - Rated PG-13 UAB Sports Related Photos ONLY! Football, Basketball, Baseball, etc.
*Campus Forum - Rated PG Discuss everything UAB that does not relate to athletics (directly or indirectly).
*Blazer History Forum - Rated PG Learn about Blazer History here!
*BlazerTalk Archives - Rated PG BlazerTalk Old Threads Home.
*BlazerTalk Epic Archives - Rated PG The Best of BlazerTalk.
6) Please watch the language on any forum that has a PG rating. We do have a language filter on these forums, however it doesn't filter everything. Bypassing the profanity filter, though a light offense is unacceptable. This means, specifically, that you modified a filtered word so it would no longer be filtered. To keep it simple -- if it's filtered, leave it filtered. Regardless of forum rating, the use of ethnic and racial slurs will not be tolerated. Some are filtered, however due the abundance of others, many are not. General rule... if you would not use the slur in social situations, do not use them here. If you do use them in social situations, do not use them here. As this is a family friendly forum, profane language is strictly forbidden and will be removed or altered at the discretion of the mods and admins.
7) Sex talk and innuendos are generally not acceptable for PG rated forums. However, the moderation team will determine whether the content is acceptable enough to remain. If the team feels the content is inappropriate, we will move it to the Smack forum, where the content is a bit more acceptable, or possibly remove the content altogether.
8) Signatures/Avatars cannot contain any nudity. This includes but is not limited to: pubic hair, genitals, female nipples, mesh/"see-through" clothing that shows any of the preceding, nor pictures that leave virtually nothing to the imagination. In addition, inappropriate statements (or graphics) made in a signature are subject to moderation approval. Violations of these rules are at the sole discretion of the BlazerTalk.com moderating team, and signatures/avatars are subject to immediate removal without notice.
9) Linking to any site containing inappropriate material (pornography, etc.) is unacceptable and subject to an immediate global ban.
10) Defamation of CSNbbs or BlazerTalk, intent to damage our reputation, or trying to start a relocation campaign is not acceptable here and grounds for immediately banning without prior notice, no questions asked.
11) Attempts to undermine this site's camaraderie by willfully posting mocking remarks directed at moderators and administrators is cause for immediate banning without prior warning. The public challenging of or mocking of moderation decisions is strictly prohibited. The post is subject to immediate removal and the poster could face disciplinary action at moderator discretion. Determination of what is or is not acceptable is at the sole discretion of the moderation and administrative team. Nothing in life is perfect, so neither is the management of this message board. Yes, this site has flaws, either learn to peacefully accept them or leave.
12) There's a fine line between the posters we all love to hate, and the ones that give everyone a headache. The second of the two is not an admirable place to be. If it's clear the majority of the community receives a headache because of you, CSNbbs and BlazerTalk admins reserve the right to revoke your account and/or use of CSNbbs or BlazerTalk without notice. In general, if you are causing people to leave the community because of your actions, you risk the possibility of being banned... even if you're so good at walking the line you have technically broken no rules. BlazerTalk.com and CSNbbs will not allow you ruin everybody else's experience and get away with it just because you're very good at walking the line or just generally perceived as a troublemaker.
13) If your account is deemed by board moderators to be a nuisance on BlazerTalk.com or CSNbbs as a whole, then your account is subject to banning at any time without prior warning(s). Examples of being a nuisance include, but are not limited to, making posts to call attention to ones self instead of adding to the thread topic; childish name-calling and/or immature targeting or mocking of other posters; or derailing of threads from their originally intended topic.
14) If you have a question or a problem with the way in which your situation is handled (i.e. deleted posts, moderation disagreements, bannings, etc.), you must take it to PM’s and not question moderator actions directly or indirectly in our forums. Send a PM to a moderator for a discussion. Out of respect to privacy, questions regarding another poster's cases/disposition will not be discussed. Questions, statements, or general comments about edited or deleted posts should be voiced in private to the mod/admin that did it. If you don't know who, e-mail support (at) ncaabbs (dot) com. Violation of this rule is subject to a warning and posts will be deleted, moved, or locked at the moderators and admin's discretion.
15) If you cannot get along with a certain poster here, please remember this board does include an ignore feature. We HIGHLY suggest you use it. We are not going to police this site like a straight-line dictatorship. We've never had to in the past and we don't plan on doing that in the future. Most of us have known each other for quite a while and know how another poster is. If a poster bothers you, just put them on your ignore list. There are a lot worse things in life than worrying about every small thing someone posts.
16) Posting links to other message boards is prohibited, if the intent is deemed to be an attempt (overt or not) to drive traffic away from BlazerTalk.com or CSNbbs. Determination of the intent is exclusively in the hands of the BlazerTalk.com moderation team. Posts of this nature may be moved or deleted. Offenders are subject to warnings, forum bans, or outright CSNbbs banning.
17) All tickets advertised MUST BE AT FACE VALUE OR LESS. SCALPING IS UNACCEPTABLE.
18) Using these boards is a privilege, not a right. All BlazerTalk.com and CSNbbs mods/admins reserve the right to ban or suspend your account for any period of time without notice, advanced warning, or reason. Reinstatement is not guaranteed. Moderating a message board of varying ideas and opinions is a thankless job that is not easy, nor fun. If you don't like or can't abide by these rules you may take your ball and go to your own playground.
19) Post ALL smack on the BlazerTalk smack board. Moving threads to the smack board, locking, or deleting threads or posts will be done at the discretion of the moderators or admins. Keep in mind when visiting the smack board that it is a generally anything goes forum and will be lightly moderated.
20) Post all UAB related non-athletic posts on the newly christened Campus Forum. All non-athletics subjects(direct or indirect) on the main board will be moved to this board. This rule will be strictly enforced during the athletic year (Generally August-May). During the "off-season" leeway will be given towards the posting of non-UAB related threads on the main board. Titles of such topics MUST be preceded by "OT:" or "NBR:" to designate their off-topic nature. This leeway will not apply to politically motivated and/or socially inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be moved immediately to either the BlazerTalk Bar & Grill or Political Forum. These decisions will be made solely at the discretion of the mods and admins. Public reporting of, suggesting of or demanding which topics are not appropriately located is not acceptable and will subject the offending poster(s) to warnings and/or limitations upon their posting privileges. If you feel strongly that a topic does not belong on it's current board, report the posting and the mods will review it. Excessive erroneous reporting of threads that are indeed appropriate may be classified as being a nuisance and can result in warnings or suspensions.
21) You remain responsible for the content of your posts. CSNbbs or BlazerTalk, in accordance with the Congressionally passed Communications Decency Act, CANNOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE for illegal or otherwise illicit content in your posts.
22) Any member using information garnered from BlazerTalk.com or CSNbbs to harass, or attempting to harass, fellow members via PM's or any other medium or tact is subject to immediate banning at the sole of discretion of BlazerTalk.com administration. Situations of this type will not be tolerated and should be immediately reported to BlazerTalk.com moderators and/or administration.
23) At any time, the administration of BlazerTalk.com has the right to use their discretion when making decisions about posts that are… a) deemed inappropriate, and b) perceived to incite people in a negative (or distasteful) way.
24) Bumping of old threads over a year old leads to confusion. When referring to a thread over one year old, create a new thread instead and insert a hyperlink back to the old thread. Old threads bumped to the top, will be locked.
25) The use of aliases (alternate screen names) is neither encouraged nor endorsed, but not expressly prohibited. If it is found that a disciplined poster has re-registered under an alias, the alias will also be banned. If the alias is deemed to have been created in order to deliberately disrupt board activity, the alias will be banned and the originating poster will be held responsible and subject to moderation discipline.
26) Attempts to "out" (disclose) another poster's true identity or personal information is regarded as a severe breach of privacy and WILL result in immediate banning without prior warning.
27) The admins and moderators of BlazerTalk.com are not bound by these rules when making administrative decisions. These rules are meant as a general guideline to follow. Moderators have a supplemental set of guidelines to abide by as well as those of all other CSNbbs posters. These guidelines are pinned atop the Moderator Forum.
Only you and the moderation/administration team can view your warning level, as it is not visible to other posters. The Warning System is not retro-active nor a substitute to outright forum or overall site banishment, which continues to be performed at moderator discretion. Forum bans and/or site bans can and will be issued WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING, when deemed appropriate by the moderation/administration team.
Below is an outline of how the warning process will be used. The categories and levels of warning should be self evident.
Flaming or Bashing Coach/Player/Poster
Light +10% || Expires after: 1 week
Moderate +25% || Expires after: 2 weeks
Extreme +50% || Expires after: 4 weeks
Flaming is defined as:
- Excessively crass posts (racism, sexism, over the top personal attacks)
- Smack talking on a non-smack talk board
- Being an all around ******* everybody hates...
Incidental +10% || Expires after: 1 week
Very Obvious +20% || Expires after: 2 weeks
1st Offense +40% || Expires after: 3 months
2nd or Higher +50% || Expires after: Never
1st Offense: +10% Warning || Expires after: 1 week
2nd Offense: +10% Warning || Expires after: 1 week, your reputation is deducted at the sole discretion of the mods/admins
3rd Offense: +20% Warning || Expires after: 2 weeks, and all reputations you have ever made are purged from the system
Posting Nudies and/or providing links to offensive websites
Incidental +10% || Expires after: 1 week
Very Obvious +25% || Expires after: 2 weeks
Using vulgar, socially offensive or suggestive language on any PG Forum
1st Offense: +0% || PM Notice
2nd Offense: +10% || Expires after 1 week
All subsequent Offenses +25% || Expires after: 2 weeks
Failure to discuss moderation issues in private.
1st Offense: +15% || Expires after: 2 weeks
2nd Offense: +25% || Expires after: 1 month
Subsequent Offenses: +50% ||Expires after: 6 weeks
+25% || Expires after: 2 weeks
The Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator
Extreme disregard of AUP or board decorum.
+100% || Expires after: 1 month
Warning Level Tiers
0% - 49% No Actions Taken.
50% - 74% All posts made by user are required to be approved by moderator.
75% - 99% Posting privileges suspended.
100% - Banned until warning incident(s) expire.
Keep in mind, this AUP is only for BlazerTalk.com. If you visit other areas of CSNbbs, those forums may have their own set of rules that are different from the rules found here, and breaking those rules in other areas could result in your being banned from the CSNbbs network which INCLUDES BlazerTalk.com.
Users are responsible for monitoring for changes in the AUP. After a change is made, they have 24 hrs to abide by the new rules. Subsequent posts signify your acceptance of any said changes.
Below is a reminder of what you agreed to upon registering here at BlazerTalk.com and CSNbbs. It is being put here for reference.
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.